It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:15

Text Size

Noob development question

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Noob development question

Postby jatill » 17 Dec 2013, 18:30

Is there a document somewhere about how to do manalink development?
I want to add a challenge, but I may have forgotten everything about everything!

Specifically, what tools do I need to use to compile the code, and what commands do I run? Who do I give that code to when I'm done, etc?

PS: My idea is to have a challenge reward where all your future challenges will be played in reverse (i.e. last match first). The challenge itself should be somehow 'reverse' based, but I haven't figured that part out yet.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Noob development question

Postby Korath » 23 Dec 2013, 04:13

Bog-standard mingw development environment will do it, either under msys or cygwin. (I use cygwin, but can't recommend it unless you're looking for a full unix environment under windows anyway.) The previous recommendation was to use camelbox, but that only includes enough of a dev environment to compile xs modules and most of its C toolchain is many, many years out of date.

Development is done through git. I've been hesitant to make our remote repository public - the usual free git hosts won't accept us because this is a reverse-engineering project, and the only static ip I have access to put it on has a very low bandwith connection and can't handle frequent cloning - but pm me a public key and I'll give you read access. Write access is Gargaroz's call, or you can send either him or me changes via git format-patch.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 12 Jan 2014, 16:12

I was hoping to follow the instructions here:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Codin ... C_Tutorial

But I get this error when running make (cannot find cards /alara_reborn.o). Which steps need to change if I use mingw instead? Does everything else basically stay the same?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 12 Jan 2014, 16:39

jatill wrote:I was hoping to follow the instructions here:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Codin ... C_Tutorial

But I get this error when running make (cannot find cards /alara_reborn.o). Which steps need to change if I use mingw instead? Does everything else basically stay the same?
I had to remove a bunch of duplicate definitions, but one I did that, things seem to be going swimmingly. I can do things again! Hurray!

I'm going to make some small bug changes, but I'll a little too lazy right now to deal with git. Can I just send someone txt files directly?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 12 Jan 2014, 17:00

First changes. Correct a couple of the cards in the shandalar challenge, and make the challenges reward work for Planeswalker Decimation.

void challenge_mode_upkeep(int from_vanguard){
else if( challenge_round == 39 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_LEVIATHAN);
get_card(CARD_ID_SERENDIB_EFREET);
}
else if( challenge_round == 40 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_SAVANNAH_LIONS);
get_card(CARD_ID_ELDER_LAND_WURM);
}
else if( challenge_round == 41 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_GOBLIN_BALLOON_BRIGADE);
get_card(CARD_ID_MANA_FLARE);
}
else if( challenge_round == 42 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_FUNGUSAUR);
get_card(CARD_ID_SYLVAN_LIBRARY);
}
else if( challenge_round == 43 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_HYPNOTIC_SPECTER);
get_card(CARD_ID_GREED);
}
else if( challenge_round == 44 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_THE_ABYSS);
get_card(CARD_ID_PLATINUM_ANGEL);
}
else if( challenge_round == 45 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_BLACK_VISE);
get_card(CARD_ID_THE_RACK);
}
else if( challenge_round == 46 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_IVORY_TOWER);
get_card(CARD_ID_IVORY_TOWER);
}
else if( challenge_round == 47 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_BLOOD_MOON);
get_card(CARD_ID_TITANIAS_SONG);
}
else if( challenge_round == 48 ){
get_card(CARD_ID_HONDEN_OF_CLEANSING_FIRE);
get_card(CARD_ID_HONDEN_OF_SEEING_WINDS);
get_card(CARD_ID_HONDEN_OF_LIFES_WEB);
get_card(CARD_ID_HONDEN_OF_NIGHTS_REACH);
get_card(CARD_ID_HONDEN_OF_INFINITE_RAGE);
get_card(CARD_ID_DRAGON_ENGINE);
}
// free scorpion
if( gauntlet_round < 70 && ( god_mode() || is_unlocked(HUMAN, 0, EVENT_CAN_CAST, 31)) ){
int card_added = add_card_to_hand( HUMAN, get_internal_card_id_from_csv_id( CARD_ID_PIT_SCORPION ) );
put_into_play(HUMAN, card_added);
}

// Archenemy's power
if( gauntlet_round < 70 && ( god_mode() || is_unlocked(HUMAN, 0, EVENT_CAN_CAST, 38)) ){
generate_special_tokens_by_id(HUMAN, -1, HUMAN, CARD_ID_ARCHENEMY, 1, 88, 0);
}

// Back to '95
if( gauntlet_round < 70 && ( god_mode() || is_unlocked(HUMAN, 0, EVENT_CAN_CAST, 39)) ){
generate_special_tokens_by_id(HUMAN, -1, HUMAN, (CARD_ID_BLACK-1)+get_deck_color(HUMAN, HUMAN), 1, 88, 0);
}

// Face the Hydra reward
if( gauntlet_round < 70 && ( god_mode() || is_unlocked(HUMAN, 0, EVENT_CAN_CAST, 28)) ){
// hydra
//generate_token_by_id(player, CARD_ID_THE_SLAYER);
}
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Korath » 12 Jan 2014, 17:19

Literally the only part of that page that's correct is the first two paragraphs of the "How the program works" section. Most of the rest only ever worked by accident; in particular, the advice to copy your source tree into your compiler's installation directory is jaw-dropping.

In any case, the problem you're currently running into is that Gargaroz left the contents of the src/functions/ and src/cards/ directories out of the CrIAv1 patch. No src/cards/alara_reborn.c file means you can't build src/cards/alara_reborn.o. I haven't checked v2 yet.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Korath » 12 Jan 2014, 17:28

jatill wrote:I'm going to make some small bug changes, but I'll a little too lazy right now to deal with git. Can I just send someone txt files directly?
Not unless you expect us to cease development, send you up-to-date source, do nothing else until you're finished, and then manually apply your changes. It's just not practical.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Development