It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:41

Text Size

Config Opponent's Land Tapping

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Config Opponent's Land Tapping

Postby kingpin » 23 Dec 2013, 06:28

Hey,

During the duel, is it necessary for the opponent to show each land they tap whenever they cast a spell?

It gets very annoying to verify every land they used to cast a spell, especially when they cast something that cost really big.

Just cast the damn spell already. Nobody cares what land they use. As long as they have it in play, I trust them.

I trust they're not gonna cheat and throw something in play that they couldn't afford to cast.
kingpin

Re: Config Opponent's Land Tapping

Postby Korath » 23 Dec 2013, 06:43

Situation's already improved for the next patch; only lands that could have produced more than one color will show the annoying dialog.

(Technical detail you don't care about: the reason lands like Emeria, the Sky Ruin and so on showed a "[Opponent] activates: [card] to produce white mana." dialog is because they all just forwarded to the exe dual land function when producing mana. I put in a shim to just generate the mana directly if only one color is available; suppressing the dialog when a choice of which color must be made is more difficult.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: Config Opponent's Land Tapping

Postby kingpin » 23 Dec 2013, 07:06

You're right. The patch I have right now only applies to single-color lands not multi-color. Someday, you'll break the code. Thanks.
kingpin

Return to Development