It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:02

Text Size

Possible Feature Request

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Possible Feature Request

Postby luckylavs » 22 Apr 2014, 03:10

Is there a way in Manalink you can see which deck your AI opponent is currently using during a match?

I know it displays your opponent's deck name at the very beginning of the match, but what happens to me is-- well, I play Gauntlet a lot, I almost reflexively skip over the intro screen which means I don't usually look at the deck name or remember it. Because 99% of the decks are normal and they don't provide any drama.

But then! after winning 12 straight closely fought matches with my incredibly crafted deck -- then I get an opponent who is playing with a deck which is about 1/2 black lotus and 1/2 ball lightnings, some time walks and time twisters for good measure-- , he kills me before I get my first turn (or shortly thereafter) Then I have one of those "throw the keyboard at the monitor" kinds of moments, and I storm out of the room cursing the author who would dare create such a cheap and totally illegal deck, also cursing his children and his children's children.

It's not just that one deck that gets me -- there are also some other really annoying decks that get me in the same emotional frazzle -- I'm sure you've seen the one that is basically all planeswalkers. Yes, that one sucks too.

So my gut reaction is: I want to remove that deck from my list of decks so I never have to play against it again. But during a match-- I don't know which deck it is and I don't have the time to hunt it down in a list of several hundreds, it would take me a year. And so I go to sleep crying because I know that one particular deck will one day assuredly get me again, ruining another gauntlet. It's like the computer is laughing at me.

If I only could see which deck it was during a match I could later remove that deck from my list of decks afterward.... At least I would only get stung once.
luckylavs

Re: Possible Feature Request

Postby stassy » 22 Apr 2014, 03:48

It's because you have a full unsorted Playdeck folder, which contain a lot of old ML decks and Challenge decks which are broken (lot of people grieve also on Affinity decks, which is why the basic Playdeck folder brainstorming thread was created).

The only way out for you would be to start over, backup somewhere else all the decks and tailor your Gauntlet deck as you wish.

You can use the Playdeck folder brainstorming thread for a start, which attempt to classify most of the decks so you can pickup what theme to use for a Gauntlet.

Or you can use the Playdeck Analyzer in order to remove nasty decks, this tool can search for decks which contain specific cards.
stassy

Postby HarlequinCasts » 24 Apr 2014, 15:45

luckylavs wrote:But then! after winning 12 straight closely fought matches with my incredibly crafted deck -- then I get an opponent who is playing with a deck which is about 1/2 black lotus and 1/2 ball lightnings, some time walks and time twisters for good measure-- , he kills me before I get my first turn
I played that deck before and ended up searching it out to delete it. The deck's name is Balltwister.deck and is like 20 Ball Lightning 20 Black Lotus and 20 Timetwister. Terrible unfun deck to get randomly matched with.

This prompted me to search for all decks with >1 Timetwister since they are all really annoying. I use a simple program called Windows GREP because its good for searching decks for certain cards but also useful for other stuff. Just point it at your playdecks folder, tell it to look at *.dck files, and give it a string like "4 Timetwister".
HarlequinCasts

Postby HarlequinCasts » 24 Apr 2014, 15:48

luckylavs wrote:Is there a way in Manalink you can see which deck your AI opponent is currently using during a match?
As for your first question, I asked that same question HERE a while back in the main forum.

Korath gives the best technical answer which is "No, unless you want to go digging into memory" and gives some specifics.
HarlequinCasts

Postby LordOfThePit69 » 25 Aug 2014, 13:36

I know I am slightly new, I had a request Oracle of Mul Daya is that going to working with the rules engine? I did not know where to post the question, sorry if I am out of line.
LordOfThePit69

Postby Nexhro » 25 Aug 2014, 15:11

LordOfThePit69 wrote:I know I am slightly new, I had a request Oracle of Mul Daya is that going to working with the rules engine? I did not know where to post the question, sorry if I am out of line.
Oracle of Mul Daya has been in the game for quite some time now. If your version of Manalink doesn't include the card, make sure you have the latest patch installed. If you're patching your game for the first time this year (or ever), pay attention to the installing instructions in that thread - especially the instructions regarding the artwork updates.
Alternatively, you could get one of the more or less up to date versions. Some of those pre-updated (and in some cases graphically or otherwise modified) versions can be found here.

For future reference, if you wish to request cards rather than actual client features, there's a wishlist thread for that.
Nexhro

Postby Nexhro » 11 Sep 2014, 22:33

Would it be possible to have the "arrange your cards"/double-click battlefield function order creature cards the way lands are ordered, i.e. in straight columns, when a player controls a certain number of creatures (for example 12+)? This would make attacking with specific creatures while controlling more than 12 creatures way more comfortable.
Nexhro

Return to Development