It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:41

Text Size

Zendikar Bugs

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Zendikar Bugs

Postby Serbitar » 09 Oct 2009, 12:25

Mind's Desire interacts weird with Yawgmoth's Will. You can keep on recasting things cast through Minds Desire if you resolved Will this turn.
Serbitar

Postby jatill » 09 Oct 2009, 13:13

Link updated.
http://rapidshare.com/files/290695789/20091009.zip

I think I'm all caught up on bugs again, so let me know if something slipped through. This release I also added Plated Geopede and Cosi's Trickster. The savegames are super helpful in fixing these problems, so keep them coming.

Dark Depths: interact correctly with Vampire Hexmage
Nissa: tutor for Nissa's Chosen without crashing
Bloodbraid Elf: shuffle the revealed cards instead of letting you choose. Do not crash if entire deck is revealed.
Oran-rief: only pump creatures that came into play THIS turn
Sphinx of Lost Truths: not a land
Bloodchief Ascension: don't trigger in weird cirsumstance
Path to Exile: fix interaction with Archive Trap, allow choice to search
Chandra: Add # of loyalty counters
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 09 Oct 2009, 13:32

awesome!
btw you misspelled First Strike at Plated Geopede (forgot the "T" in Strike)

geopede is working fine so far. this thing is nuts with fetchlands+crop rotation ...for another fetchland.add a playset of lotus cobra ,sarkhan vol , garruk and goyfs to the mix and you got decent beatdown deck. (i´m playing 12 fetchies + 4 crop rotations , you can do really nasty turns with the deck)

the trickster is working flawless so far aswell. nice job!
tested donate+illusions, working as intended aswell.
note :illusions currently doesn´t get age counters on it -> you can´t remove them with Vampire Hexmage

just toyed around with dark depths+hexmage , working as intended now (just got it bounced back to my hand with karakas rofl^^)

did you de-activate Conqueror's Pledge ? Wanted to test it next but couldn´t find it in the deckbuilder.

---
i´m really unhappy with artwork used for the angel token. they don´t match the overall sheme.
anyone got a better version of it ?

here are the pics for trickster+geopede: (added them to link on page1 aswell)

put the images into CardArtNew (Magic/CardArtNew)
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 09 Oct 2009, 17:18

Beastmaster Ascension is currently giving ALL creatures +5/+5 instead of just YOUR creatures(like it is written on the card).
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Triadasoul » 09 Oct 2009, 17:22

Archive trap's 0 activision becomes available in combat when propaganda is on the table (archive propaganda.e1m) and in other condition (archive trap2.e1m).
Attachments
archive.rar
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Triadasoul

Postby Triadasoul » 09 Oct 2009, 17:34

I think it's not pure zendikar bug.....

Gemstone mine without counters can still be activated (Vampire hexmage + gem mine)

http://magiccards.info/jr/en/22.html
Triadasoul

Postby Triadasoul » 09 Oct 2009, 17:38

Salbei could you post some of your decks with new cards to playtest ?

Here are some of mine: Vampires, Blue Mill, Necrodonate ( i don't think ai can play this :? )
Attachments
playtest.rar
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Triadasoul

Postby jatill » 09 Oct 2009, 18:36

Triadasoul wrote:Archive trap's 0 activision becomes available in combat when propaganda is on the table (archive propaganda.e1m) and in other condition (archive trap2.e1m).
The problem here is that if the AI "thinks" about triggering a trap condition, it does so. So since there's a Path to Exile in your hand, the AI thinks about searching its deck. I'm not sure if I can get around this.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Triadasoul » 09 Oct 2009, 18:40

I see. Is there any deference between ai thought about searching and actual searching ?
Triadasoul

Postby jatill » 09 Oct 2009, 18:51

Triadasoul wrote:I see. Is there any deference between ai thought about searching and actual searching ?
Sort of? :) The way the AI works, it will think ahead and pick from the best available moves. After it's done thinking and picking, it will roll the game state back to what it looked like originally, and then do its move. The problem is that my data structure that holds trap conditions does not get rolled back. There's probably a flag I could set somewhere to tell the AI not to mess with my data, but I've never been able to find it.

This is the same problem that Bloodchief Ascension was having. The game was thinking about Lightning Bolting itself instead of your Bloodghast, so the Ascension triggered. I can apply the same fix for that card to Archive Trap and Mindbreak trap, but there's not enough flexibility to do it for every trap.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 09 Oct 2009, 19:24

Triadasoul wrote:Salbei could you post some of your decks with new cards to playtest ?

Here are some of mine: Vampires, Blue Mill, Necrodonate ( i don't think ai can play this :? )
geopede (landfall based beatdown, could be tuned a bit,sarkhan vol is soo good in this)
nissa test (non-combo elf deck like the name suggests,this one is fun actually did 600 damage with one attack XD)
trickster (merfolk,nothing special - just a bunch of lords+trickster)
whites (most of the new white stuff + serra avatar/wall of reverance for fun)

most could be done better , was just made to test the new cards.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Triadasoul » 09 Oct 2009, 19:36

Jatill, can you make some variable that tracks the actual deck search (at the end of the ai decision step or so) ? Or is the same true for "external" variables?

Salbei, thank you for the decks, my decks leave much to be desired as well %)
Triadasoul

Postby jatill » 09 Oct 2009, 19:39

Triadasoul wrote:Jatill, can you make some variable that tracks the actual deck search (at the end of the ai decision step or so) ? Or is the same true for "external" variables?

Salbei, thank you for the decks, my decks leave much to be desired as well %)
That's basically what I was doing that didn't work. My workaround is that I store all this information in the rules engine's list of targets. That gets rolled back.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 09 Oct 2009, 19:44

A few more bug fixes. I also changed the way that traps are triggered, so please test Bloodchief Ascension and Archive Trap again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/290837600/20091009.zip

Plated Geopede: Fix spelling error
Beastmaster's Ascension: Only pump your own guys
Conqueror's Pledge: Add card to deck builder
Gemstone Mine: do not allow activation without counters
Illusions of Grandeur: Use counters to track upkeep
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 09 Oct 2009, 20:02

what is the new magic.exe for (-shuffle) ?
btw i really like this intense testing before you call it a stable release. when i think back half a year ago ... phew the game was almost unplayable cause it crashed like every 4 turns^^ .
it is better like this - just has to crash once -> replicate the bug -> report with savegame.

Bloodchief Ascension seems to be good now.
Conqueror's Pledge seems to be alright (couldn´t test the kicker yet). don´t see why the card is wasting a slot though since it is really crappy. Spectral Possession owns this in every aspect.well, you wanted to complete the whole set so i guess it is better than a uncoded card :P

Note:i´ve updated the TargetsAI.txt again - removed a bunch of burn spells that caused errors.
would be good if you could update both txt files for the next release.(you keep adding the very old autotargeting files)

---
Obsidian Fireheart deals way too much damage. i placed 1 counter on an enemy land and it dealt 4 damage during the upkeep instead of 1.
next turn it dealt 3 damage. the turn after 2.then 1 . then 3 again . really confusing.

bug2:
it even deals damage when the land with the counter on it has been destroyed.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Development