It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:07

Text Size

Amazing misfunctioning found!!!

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Amazing misfunctioning found!!!

Postby 0rion79 » 22 Oct 2009, 17:21

People, I'm playing with Jatill's "October 12th: Zendikar" release that, if I'm correct, is the latest version of his "best of" collection, that does NOT replace any card.

I've just figured that something has been compromised in the duel, since cards inside player's deck (but not the AI ones) are listed by alpabetical order instead than being randomly shuffled!
Is it only me with this trange effect? Just to prevent mistakes made by personal customization, I've re-made the download of that version and re-used those files but nothing has changed.

HELP! O_o

Edit - by luck, I have been able to fix things by myself, since I kept another download marked as "20090916". Re-using those files, together with just the Magic.exe and the dll files storing the cards from version "20091014" (which is the latest one, that I got from the topic about 12th October release), I've been able to delete that effect. I have no idea about what may have caused it, but I hope that this notify will help to prevent the problem in further releases.

PS: yes, my personal customization did NOT any harm. I'm sure about that.
0rion79

Re: Amazing misfunctioning found!!!

Postby Salbei » 22 Oct 2009, 18:08

no , you are not playing with the latest version.

latest "bestof" would be 20091014 , latest "zendikar" would be 20091020+.
well , you´ve edited that :P

the function you desicibe is called "alphabetizedeck" .
you can turn it on or off in your config.txt (C:\Magic\config.txt) and is intended.

it is a nice toy that allows you to "tutor" faster.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 23 Oct 2009, 06:33

Sabei, thanks for quick answer: if I had the time to read all the new topics, this would have never happened.

Anyway, *I AM* using version 20091014, but only now I understand that I have been able to restore the game using the config file from previous version because the alphabetized function was off by default (or not implemented at all).

Still, I have to report that, with that function on, decks are unplayable because the player will also draw cards in alphabetical order!
0rion79

Postby monopoman » 23 Oct 2009, 07:15

That is not how it works it works like such.

When you tutor it alphabetizes your deck while you look at it. After that point it SHUFFLES it back up into a random mess.

It is only to make it easier to look through the deck it does not change the order to what you see permanently.

The older version Jatill posted did have some problems with a permanent alphabetization but with the latest versions it works fine.
monopoman

Postby 0rion79 » 23 Oct 2009, 08:11

Weird, but as we say "no harm, no offence" :)
0rion79

Return to Development