It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:16

Text Size

Customising your game

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Customising your game

Postby Draggamor » 02 Sep 2015, 23:48

Hi folks!

I came up with this thought:
What if one could have the option of creating our won cards or sets? And share them?

I'm just 'scratching the surface' about programming but I think with a bit of effort it might be doable: a Card/Set builder exclusive for Manalink 3.0 and maybe Shandalar?

I thought of this because I once tried doing a block theme about Lord of the Rings (R), using screenshots of the movies as pics, with a magic card builder, just for fun.

Is this at least good to be had a thought on it?
Draggamor

Re: Customising your game

Postby Draggamor » 16 Mar 2016, 16:55

Hi friends,

I'm currently taking a course on programming (several languages, C# included), and taking thought on my own suggestion, I decided to start this small project on my own.

That said, my whole idea goes by making a card editor that not only reads and displays all existing cards, but also allows the user to created his or her custom cards. This editor will not, in any way, interfere with the official list of cards, but will create a side list that can be used by the program.

What I have managed to do so far is to understand the way cards.dat file works, and I did it remembering what I helped back when I gave a hand on making new cards in assembler using a tool which I now don't remember the name (maybe you guys don't remember, but it was me who discovered the 2000 card limit).

Yet, there are some data in that file I still need to know about, along with the way the cards are coded in the game. So, I'd appreciate some help on that. Furthermore, and this is your department Sonic, when will we see the new frames?

Any questions? Just ask! :)
Draggamor

Re: Customising your game

Postby gmzombie » 17 Mar 2016, 02:19

Well the old program was sky Marshall's card editor but the system doesn't use the same stuff anymore.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Return to Development