It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:37

Text Size

A small graphic update

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

A small graphic update

Postby mathusalem » 03 Dec 2009, 23:30

hello
if anyone is interested, I added a few alternate arts, so that those of you who couldn't grab a pack of From the Vault : Exiled while it was at a decent price can still enjoy them.
it's not exhaustive, I just put whatever croosed my mind, but goblin lackey, Channel, Tinker, Balance, Strip mine, Berserk have their new art, alog with M10 lighnting bolt and duress. but I left out the new Necropotence art, that always make me puke.
it's just for the pleasure of the eye.
CSV is updated to show those images.
also i corrected the few cards that had a white border.

also I corrected the color of the circle around the buttons of the Shallart. it's not great because, there is no transparency but at least it doesn't look odd or ugly.
ha ! en I started to tweak the sealed deck background.

I hope you guys like all that:)
That's before we get serious and start the heavy work on the deckbuilder. :)
http://rapidshare.com/files/316300422/Magic.rar
Last edited by mathusalem on 04 Dec 2009, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
mathusalem

Re: A small graphic update

Postby gmzombie » 04 Dec 2009, 01:15

nice...i cant wait for the deck builder also. i hope jatill can put in a few more buttons for sets too...i was thinking if he can to be able to use a smaller button for card sets so we could have more..what do you think. i think i had a pic of what i was thinking about it back then...but i cant find it now...just the set sizes half the size of the normal buttons...we would be able to havel ike 20 or 25 sets in there
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby 0rion79 » 04 Dec 2009, 07:05

Mathusalem, which one is the column in the CSV that fixes the white border into a black one? And also, are those new arts used by the game as main ones, or as secondary ones? I would like to do so because I like more alternatives but want in my deckbuilder only the first-print art, or I don't "find" the cards.
0rion79

Postby mathusalem » 04 Dec 2009, 10:00

all the arts have been added as alternatives. the main art remains the same and shows in the deckbuilder.

The white border is changed with the set column. it should be 08h and all the white border cards had it at 80h a spelling mistake nothing more.

regarding the set buttons size and their number, I think if jatill managed to reduce the size of the glow on the main shell, the size of the buttons can be reduced as well. i'm trying some layout, and without shrinking them too much I think we can stick a bunch in there. also why not reduce the size of the "deck info" "deck size"and exit buttons; that would leave more space. I think the empty area just above the present sets may have been left blank for further sets.

but my big question is about the background, from the bmp files you were able to convert, zombie, I have the suspicion it is a tile. which is a bit of a problem, because I would prefer to make it a single image background.
but well I had a great Idea of a background that I wanted to make on Poser, full of books and magic potion bottles and such, and I find out that Poser doesn't run since I last installed it. what a frustration.
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 04 Dec 2009, 13:13

gmzombie wrote:nice...i cant wait for the deck builder also. i hope jatill can put in a few more buttons for sets too...
Not gonna happen, unfortunately. I can't actually add any code to the dll's right now, I can only replace code of the exact same size. In fact, to change the pics to bmps is very simple. I was wondering if you'd like to have a go at it, gmzombie?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 04 Dec 2009, 13:42

mathusalem wrote:but my big question is about the background, from the bmp files you were able to convert, zombie, I have the suspicion it is a tile. which is a bit of a problem, because I would prefer to make it a single image background.
but well I had a great Idea of a background that I wanted to make on Poser, full of books and magic potion bottles and such, and I find out that Poser doesn't run since I last installed it. what a frustration.
It is a tile :cry:
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 04 Dec 2009, 16:49

mathusalem, sorry but...

0012b in my game is alternative art for Bayou, instead your art looks connected to Balance, which is 0010.
Also, I had another paint for Ancient Silverback: shouldn't it be 1242a, instead than mere 1242?
1281a sounds as an alternative art for Time Warp, but then why that tide?
And, last but not least, the game already has an 1846a that is the second picture for Duress.
Are u sure?

Sorry if I spoil so much, but I did great efforts to customize the game shape so I'm very cautious before applying somebody else's changes.
Attachments
1242.jpg
0rion79

Postby mathusalem » 04 Dec 2009, 18:14

hmm seems like I released that in a bit of a hurry but no worries actually nothing gets messed up. Thanks orion for pointing these up

the Alternative art for time warp is the M10 one, it is a tide.
hadn't noticed that I had added 7th edition art for duress. the csv wasn't even set o 2 pics for duress, no wonder I had forgotten that one. it's fixed.
I had omitted to add the 7th edition art for ancient silverback with its alternate art adress at 1242a.
balance pic with wrong adress, fixed the csv was correct so no worries there.
so here is the updated and fixed batch. plus I'll update the first post link so that no one gets confused.

http://rapidshare.com/files/316300422/Magic.rar
mathusalem

Postby gmzombie » 05 Dec 2009, 07:43

if you can show me what do do jatill i will help with whatever you want man. im down.

Also jatill is there any way to chain the deckdll to another dll? to add more set bmps in>?

or is this somethine like what happened to magic.exe maybe we have to add more data space int he dll?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby gmzombie » 08 Dec 2009, 05:49

so whats up jatill can you show me how to do the updates like you was talking about. im willing to at least try if you can give me guidance and whatnot.

gmzombie

Postby jatill » 08 Dec 2009, 13:01

gmzombie wrote:so whats up jatill can you show me how to do the updates like you was talking about. im willing to at least try if you can give me guidance and whatnot.
Sure, it's a piece of cake ;) First you'll need an ASM editor such as Olly that can actually update code. Then to change .pics to .bmps there are only 2 steps:

1) Find the string that holds the .pic file name. Replace the .pic with .bmp.
2) Find the code that loads that string. Nearby there is a line that says call 10017080. Change that to call 00466720.

That's it. Good luck!
jatill
DEVELOPER

Return to Development