It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:34

Text Size

Worldwake wishlist

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Worldwake wishlist

Postby Gargaroz » 27 Jan 2010, 22:05

Since the spoiler is already completed & confirmed on the usual rumor sites and I'm putting together the new update (out probably on February), let me know what cards from Worldwake you'll like to have.
Please don't ask for Omnath, Locus of Mana : I don't think it's doable with the actual engine. :oops:
Don't worry, some good news too : this time the new extended combo deck with Cascade it's playable on our Magic.exe too, since it doesn't rely on cards with Suspend !
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: Worldwake wishlist

Postby aww1979 » 28 Jan 2010, 00:23

Using http://www.gatheringmagic.com/?page_id=3888 as a reference, these are the cards I'd actually use on a reasonably regular basis:

Wrexial, the Risen Deep
Quest for the Goblin Lord
Roiling Terrain
Sejiri Merfolk
Thada Adel, Inquisitor
Tectonic Edge
Avenger of Zendikar
Loam Lion
Archon of Redemption
"greenwhite dual manland" (that's all this spoiler says, but the text looks great for Land Ho :p)
Marshal's Anthem
Terastodon (reanimator ftw!)
Creeping Tar Pit
Dispel
Amulet of Vigor (there's gotta be a combo deck out there with this...)
Death's Shadow (HOLY COW THIS IS SOOOO COOL)
Anowon, the Ruin Sage
Novablast Wurm
Pulse Tracker
Stone Idol Trap (also cool)
Raging Ravine
Lavaclaw Reaches
Lodestone Golem
Bestial Menace (if there's a way to avoid using 4 csv slots for it)
Dragonmaster Outcast (and I thought Scute Mob was fun...)
Kalastria Highborn
Admonition Angel
Kor Firewalker
Quicksand (it's baaaaaaack)
Dread Statuary (for Land Ho, but the other manlands in this set are way better)
Quest for the Nihil Stone
Joraga Warcaller
Jace, the Mind Sculptor (if doable; his last ability looks hard to code, but the rest have already been done)
Celestial Colonnade
Also, all the Ally cards, including the white instant that makes 2 ally soldiers, because I had a lot of fun with a 499-card Ally theme deck :p

If I have to choose ten cards that are the most important to me of those, they would be
1) Thada Adel, Inquisitor (Merfolk creature type on a card that already does something quite useful)
2) Tectonic Edge (a more balanced Wasteland but still a nice card)
3) Loam Lion (Move over, Savannah Lions... Funny thing is, Loam Lion is better with Savannah than Savannah Lions. This is also a two minute coding job, just hack Kird Ape's colour, name, cost, and subtype. Done.)
4) Death's Shadow (If I could have one card in this set, it would be this. Combos I can think of right off would be Lich, Necropotence, Infernal Contract, and half the stuff in a normal Sui Black list, like Carnophage, Dark Confidant, etc)
5) Lodestone Golem (Juggernaut met his match... a 5/3 for 4 mana AND he makes spells more expensive? I'd play him in Stax and a lot of other decks)
6) Joraga Warcaller (1/1 for G in an emergency, a typical Lord for 1GG, or an uber lord for 2GGG. Or even more... PLUS he's also a warrior, so he combos very well with Bramblewood Paragon, also an elf, and another favourite of mine)
7) Jace, the Mind Sculptor (I like planeswalkers... note that his Brainstorm ability actually nets card advantage after the 2nd and further use)
8) Allies (for themed decks; I didn't even really read half of them :p)
9) Dual land manlands (some of the best dual lands outside Alpha, and one of the very few sets not strictly inferior to Alpha's, the only others I am aware of in that category being the Refuges that gain 1 life, and Horizon Canopy)
10) Kor Firewalker (this is SICK. Soldier subtype for soldier decks, prot red, 2/2 for WW makes him a decent weenie, AND he completely owns burn decks AND he gains you life if you play red, too! This guy's gonna be everywhere...)

This being the first time I looked at the cards in the set, my initial impressions are that the few cards that are good are GOOD, but there's a lot of stuff that will never see the light of day. Some of the weenies in this set will be around forever, like Loam Lion or Kor Firewalker. (Or Death's Shadow, if he counts as a 'weenie'; he's in the same boat as Phyrexian Dreadnaught that way) Tectonic Edge will be a beast in type 2, but it'll never see Type 1 play unless Wasteland gets restricted. The dual lands will be an awesome budget alternative to alpha duals, and I expect they will be everywhere in T2 as well. It seems like red really got the short end of the stick on this set, though; it is really, really lousy. Blue isn't that hot, either. White and black struck gold, and green is looking pretty good, too.

Specific to Manalink, I think the lands will be a HUGE asset for Land Ho, and Death's Shadow is going to simply own, particularly in challenges like Chipping Away (can you say turn 1 11/11?) where you are losing life so fast that by turn 3 or 4, it's already going to be a monster. Loam Lion is also going to help white weenie, which I found is a very good deck in many challenges, due to having speed, cheap removal, and lifegain.
aww1979
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 28 Jan 2010, 00:28

Oh, btw, what extended cascade combo are you talking about? I did a two second google search and saw a deck with Valakut, Treasure Hunt, and Manabond (and a *lot* of land) but that doesn't involve cascade. None of the cards immediately hit me as being good with cascade, or at least any better than any other card is.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Final Fortune » 28 Jan 2010, 01:20

Nowadays, I've been thinking on landfall strategies using Hedron Crab, like my MillStasis deck.

So, here goes my wishlist:

AEther Tradewinds - (control, and can returns a land of yours)
Wolfbriar Elemental - (great with Garruk Wildspeaker)
Walking Atlas - (plays the returned lands)
Vapor Snare - (again, controls and returns lands)
Nature's Claim - (cheaper Naturalize, can be used in your on cards, like Stasis, since Despotic Scepter is not available)
Groundswell - (landfall...)
Treasure Hunt - (in conbination with Jace, the Mind Sculptor or Halimar Depths can be powerfull)
Halimar Depths - (awesome in opening hands and interesting in the rest of the duel)
Everflowing Chalice - (cheap artifact and mana source)
Jace, the Mind Sculptor - ( :twisted: )

Thanks! [-o<

P.S.

Since jatill said that's possible, I add Omnath, Locus of Mana - (A creature that you can pump every turn and at same time stock green mana! If this won't be enough to win, you can play Day of Judgment and/or Ravages of War and then make a army of woves with the multikicker Wolfbriar Elemental using all green mana at mana pool).
Last edited by Final Fortune on 01 Feb 2010, 01:28, edited 3 times in total.
Want all, lose all.
Final Fortune

Postby aww1979 » 28 Jan 2010, 07:50

Hmm, I can see the value in Treasure Hunt, I suppose, though it will only get you some land plus one more card. In some decks that's just fine, though. Halimar Depths is actually pretty nice, though I didn't put it on my list, so I'm glad you caught that one.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Broolex » 28 Jan 2010, 12:37

Here's my wishlist:

1 - Kalastria Highborn (amazing in vamps!)
2 - Urge to Feed (but I imagine that this one will be quite hard do program)
3 - Jwari Shapeshifter
4 - Halimar Excavator
5 - Treasure Hunt
6 - Kor Firewalker
7 - Loam Lion
8 - Join the Ranks
9 - Hada Freeblade
10 - Explore

Or maybe someday we could have the full set to play sealed!
So much fun !!!

:)
Broolex

Postby jatill » 28 Jan 2010, 14:18

About Omnath, Locus of Mana...
You're right that isn't not doable with the current engine.

Good news: I know exactly what to change in the engine to make it possible
Bad news: I can't make the change to MagicCustom.exe without erasing any changes people have made to their own versions. Ideas?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Final Fortune » 29 Jan 2010, 00:00

jatill wrote:About Omnath, Locus of Mana...
You're right that isn't not doable with the current engine.

Good news: I know exactly what to change in the engine to make it possible
Bad news: I can't make the change to MagicCustom.exe without erasing any changes people have made to their own versions. Ideas?
I think people will understand that these changes will be necessary anyway sooner or later, because I think that cards like Omnath will appear for all colors, so inform people about the consequences and make the changes.
Want all, lose all.
Final Fortune

Return to Development