It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:44

Text Size

Inspired by Manalink

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Inspired by Manalink

Postby Sarlack » 23 May 2018, 02:28

Hi Guys,

I'm the guy that made the High Resolution Graphics for Manalink

I've been learning game development over the last couple years as a hobby. Learned a little C++ (I'm 41 so this harder to teach myself). But I did spend lots of time with Unreal Engine (almost a pro 8) ).
I decided to see if I could make a card game similar Manalink in Unreal for fun.

I was able to create a fully functional Deckbuilder and a playable multiplayer version with 4 players that runs off a dedicated server. No rules enforcement and other things still not complete.

I used the magic database from an excel file and frames and art as a placeholder while I was developing the game, this will be replaced with my own graphics and game rules if I decide to complete the project. I also want to setup the game to work in VR or AR.

I figured the members of this community might like to see what I made so far.
Unfortunately I can't share because I'm sure it would be some kind of copyright violation [-X :cry: .

Here is a video of the project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lElmQUx6sU

Note: the deck I make in the video is rubbish and most likely unplayable. I was just putting 60 cards together for a sample deck.
Sarlack

Re: Inspired by Manalink

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Jun 2018, 06:24

I like what you have made so far, congratulations. =D> Of course rules enforcement and AI will need a huge amount of work.
Sarlack wrote:Learned a little C++ (I'm 41 so this harder to teach myself).
I am bit older and when I made an effort to start learning few basic things about this language I got disappointed by my current learning ability status. #-o
One little thing that I noticed at a glance is that your big card is not big enough so text is not easily readable.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Development