It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:13

Text Size

major CSV update - 27 March 2010

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

major CSV update - 27 March 2010

Postby 0rion79 » 27 Mar 2010, 08:32

Hello, as promised, this is the result of my efforts.

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LRG9WHM1

Bugs fixed:
Fixed wrong creature types that were messing up the game:
Elvish Archer now is elf AND archer
Timbermare is no longer a knight
Call of the herd now is only a sorcery: before it had some creature types ID and was appearing among creatures.
Vicsera Dragger now is Zombie and Warrior
When creatures had more than 2 creature types, now there is a not that tells what is not active among them.
Fixed many other spells with wrong IDs,
Fixed IDs to separate artifact creatures from non-creature artifacts (now working fine)

Made a standard text for hybrid cards whith mana icons in the text (more visual-effective than words, eg: black mana)
Fixed some previously-made typing errors, made a standard text format for spells.
Added, when possible, text for until-end-of-turn effect.

Fixed text for some cards as Mold Shambler (here was missing the kicker cost) and Gargoyle castle's token

Added explanation for some modern abilities, as unheart or storm, when missing.
Updated "fear" into "intimidate".

Added missing power / thoughness values that were causing some cards to appear without power & thoughness in hand or in deck editor

Addedd missing flags for some cards (now hopefully AI should do a better use A LOT of them, I hope). big work, dudes! :(

Mesa Enchantress, Ashen Ghoul, Momentary Blink, Thornscape Battlemage and other cards now belong to the proper set (Astral/Manalink 2.0 OR 8th edition, no longer mixed with Unlimited). Before they didn't and that was messing up sealed deck game.

New menus.text file where unused creature types have been moved to the bottom of the queue. Very useful for the ones that really love tribe decks as I do.

Goodies:
I'm providing a bunch of missing pictures that I have not been able to find before, including a "rules engine" that looks like a clockwork gear. It is for the ones that don't like richard garfield.

I'm also adding a modified version of Mathusalem's deckbuilder art. It is simply a semi-restoration of the previous graphic for the ones who are nostalgic as I am. Also, you can customize your deck editor choosing any combination of buttons as you like more. Please, remember that I did it using Mathusalem's original work and made a lame copy & paste from previous graphic (with some improvement) and I'm just sharing for the ones that may have my same tastes. So be careful and do not overwrite files if you don't like this skin.

Note that, if you are using custom version, you have to refresh the whole database.
Please keep posting new errors in the specific thread started few days ago.

Orion's Manalink custom is a sample of my Magiclopedia. Just open your custom CSV, paste it into a new Excell work sheet, delete the exceding colums and activate default filters. It is of great help when building new decks.

Now, please, I hope that somebody of you may help me with the custom version and unwanted automatic cards replacement! :(
Last edited by 0rion79 on 28 Mar 2010, 08:38, edited 2 times in total.
0rion79

Re: major CSV update - 27 March 2010

Postby Salbei » 27 Mar 2010, 12:08

Uploaded it to my Webspace in case there are problems with Megaupload.

->
mirror (March 27,2010)
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 28 Mar 2010, 08:26

Sorry: forgot to update Pow/thog values for 3 cards:
Ascendant Evincar, Xiahou-Dun, the one-eyed and Ulasht, the hate seed.
I add them here, but if you didn't refresh your library yet, I suggest to manually update those cards if you are using them in the custom version.
Else, they all exist only in Constructed version.
I apoligize, but with 2400+ cards some missing was unavoidable :P
Attachments
Program.rar
(333.2 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
0rion79

Postby Salbei » 28 Mar 2010, 16:59

updated the mirror aswell

btw, thanks for your good work !
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 29 Mar 2010, 12:20

Thanks Orion!
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 12 Apr 2010, 10:29

Just in case that you need to make any minor fix to cards text or flavor text...
for constructed version simply open the manalink.csv with Microsoft Excell, make the changes and run the csv2dat to make the changes active.

For limited & custom versions, copy the related file (eg manalinkC.csv) and csv2dat to your desktop , rename the archive as as manalink.csv, make the changes, save it, run the csv2dat.exe, rename the file that is created as cardC.dat or cardL.dat, then move it back to your main Magic folder.

In case of bigger updates, please notify it in the CSV bugs session, thanks.
0rion79

Return to Development