It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:27

Text Size

Animate Wall effects

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Animate Wall effects

Postby purplepixie » 29 Apr 2010, 13:10

So, I'm hoping to make Warmonger's Chariot and I can't get it to work ...

The only two living examples I can find of the effect are the original Animate Wall and Rolling Stones.
Neither of which have code, I assume Rolling Stones was done in assembly, sadly enough for me.

So, I thought I'd have pretty serious hack and create a pointer to animate wall's code pointer and just call the card, after setting instance->targets[0] to the equipped creature.
But nothing happens.
Do the old, built-in cards use instance->targets[0] for their "who am I enchanting" tests or do I have to do something else before calling animate wall?
Or, alternatively, is there a better way to do this?
Like I've said before, I really don't know a whole deal about assembly and I rather doubt my ability to do this outside of C :-)

Or am I just missing something else - I made sure to return the value animate_wall returned if it did, and I copied the whole reserved info out of it and still nothing.

Thanks,
Pixie

Edit by stassy : spammer post below deleted
Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence, Dark Confidant: "Life is more important than cards."
This is, of course, evidenced by your average Magic player: lots of cards and no life ;-)
purplepixie

Return to Development