It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:36

Text Size

Duh mode

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Duh mode

Postby jatill » 20 May 2010, 12:20

I'm going to implement a new feature called "duh mode", which will make certain obvious decisions for you when enabled.

Examples:
Wall of Reverence should always target the creature with the most life
Narcomobea should always be put into play

What other cards can be helped here (that are not already covered by SmartTargetting)?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Duh mode

Postby Salbei » 20 May 2010, 12:38

One of the most annoying things left is Aether Vial asking you every turn if you want to pump it or not.
Would be great if you could click the card and get an option to not get asked again.And obviously an option to turn it back on in case you need it.
Its getting even worse when you got 2 in play and have to carefully click.

Tabernacle of the Pendrell Vale / Winter Orb are annoying aswell - but messing around with this prolly gonna lead to the AI making bad decisions for you - unless you could teach em somehow what card you want to tap/untap and include an optional "automode" for that aswell.prolly not gonna happen, but these 2 cards are a major pain in the ass to play a long game with/against.
There is a hardcoded option to not tap a card automaticly (usefull for City of Brass)when you rightclick a card.
would be great if you could do something simmilar to creatures in play you control to always pay upkeep costs for a creature or untap this specific land before any other land.

Another card that would match you criteria is prolly Bringer of the Green Dawn - doesn´t get played enough anyway so i doubt anybody would even notice the change on that card.Gonna be very rare that you don´t want that free 3/3 token.

Squee, Goblin Nabob should also get modified with an option to get it to your hand everytime unless you turn this option off (under the rules card maybe). Same thing for Krovikan Horror.
Usually very rare you don´t want to return them to your hand (Black Vise , Lhurgoyf on your side etc).

offtopic: AI flaws
is it possible to teach the AI to NOT play Legendary Cards / Planeswalkers if the AI already controls a card with the same name ?(The AI just LOVES to kill of its own cards like that and debugging the old gamestate back is obsolete cause the AI is just going to repeat the error).would also be great when the AI would stop to play Ball Lightning (or Goblin Bushwhacker) alike cards at the 2nd Mainphase (AFTER the attack).

the other mainproblem is that the AI just won´t attack with its creatures if one of my blockers would kill them.looks like its checking for each creature and sees its going to loose the creature to a blocker,and then repeats with the next creature - just a guess). happens way too often that the ai doesn´t attack with 5 2/2s cause i got a 2/1 blocker on the table.
would it be possible to let the AI attack when it has got at least 200% more creatures on the table than me?
Sometimes i even manually tap the creatures and reduce my life (via debug) because this is a major flaw.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 20 May 2010, 13:34

If you can find me a savegame of the AI playing Ball Lightning, I can take a look. But in my experience the AI generally uses it pre-combat.

It's possible that I can tell the AI not to play duplicate legends. Again, a savegame of a turn where it plays a duplicate would go a long way in fixing that.

Good call on Bringer, Squee, and Horror.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 20 May 2010, 13:37

i see what i can do. shouldn´t take too long.

there we go.took 2 games :P

AI playing Gaeas Cradle while it already controlls one - (while holding 3 Forest lol).

----

here is a safegame of the AI playing no land (got 3 in hand , 2 nonbasics ,1 basic) on turn 1.

---

here is a safegame of the AI not playing anything with 8 cards + enough mana on the board. could at least play one of the 3 Oath of Druids.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 20 May 2010, 14:28

savegame of the AI not attacking with a 15/10 Ball Lightning.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 20 May 2010, 15:11

I was able to fix Planeswalkers, but no luck with Legends. In the Ball Lightning save, the Ai does attack me. For a lot!
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 20 May 2010, 15:21

still worth a lot. its odd how the AI makes different plays when you load a savegame,happened to me before aswell.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby juzamjedi » 20 May 2010, 19:35

Salbei wrote:here is a safegame of the AI playing no land (got 3 in hand , 2 nonbasics ,1 basic) on turn 1.
I have observed this as well, but I don't know what is causing it.

Brandon's burn deck didn't play many spells against me at all in one of my games, but I will have to replay to see if I can reproduce it.

The funniest one has to be the AI pointing Ancestral Recall at me because it didn't want to take damage from a Black Vise I had in play. I took my turn, played 2 more Black Vise and passed turn back to AI :lol:

Equipment: AI never uses Umezawa's Jitte or Skullclamp.
Idyllic Tutor: AI won't use
Enlightened Tutor: AI won't use
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 22 May 2010, 07:02

Anything that has 'target player' as a choice is almost always a no-brainer. Ancestral Recall, Lava Spike, Lava Axe, Hidetsugu's Second Rite, and so on are prime examples of 'duh' target choices.
aww1979
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 25 May 2010, 13:57

Fact: in the Salbei vs. Salbei match I pointed Ancestral Recall at the AI to deck him faster.

But yes generally speaking the "duh" mode could aim it at itself. I also saw the AI point Ancestral Recall at me after I played Black Vise (apparently AI values life over cards :wink: )
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby scherbchen1 » 31 May 2010, 10:06

can we get Birds of Paradise to autoselect the colour of mana they produce the way City of Brass does?
scherbchen1

Postby aww1979 » 31 May 2010, 16:59

I've been wishing for the same thing as scherbchen lately, only with moxes. I have no idea if that's possible, though.
aww1979
Tester

Postby monopoman » 01 Jun 2010, 23:12

I think Ancestral Recall should not be messed with occasionally the AI will make a brilliant play with it by targeting the opponent.

Oh look I have double black vise and you have 4 cards in hand but have 5 life. Wow have 3 cards dude enjoy. AI has seen these moves before I remember them distinctly and killed me with ancestral recall. I also remember one game where I got decked by the AI with ancestral recall.
monopoman

Postby thedrigo » 04 Jun 2010, 13:15

Monopman is right, I was once given cards by the AI with an Ensnaring Bridge in play and got killed.
thedrigo

Postby aww1979 » 04 Jun 2010, 23:39

Made a deck with Darksteel Reactor and it asks whether I'd like to put a counter on it each turn. Well, DUH... yes I would :)
aww1979
Tester

Next

Return to Development