It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:59

Text Size

New Deck Editor - Feedback Requested

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

New Deck Editor - Feedback Requested

Postby jatill » 23 Jun 2010, 16:03

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kmwzgmwnqnm/deck editor.zip

I'm building a new deck editor for manalink. The old one is limited, but that alone isn't enough reason for me to build a new one. The reason this is being created is so that it can be directly integrated into My2000 to help you build decks using the entire pool of available cards, and not just what's in any one version.

I've got a prototype ready for testing. Please give it a try and give feedback. The Save and Load buttons do nothing right now.

Thanks.

Note: I didn't use MWS because it was a hassle for me to download and get running. I didn't use the other new deck builder for manalink since it seems to be unsupported, and in any case, does not tie directly into My2000.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: New Deck Editor - Feedback Requested

Postby mzepol » 24 Jun 2010, 02:14

This is great news. I'll be sure to try it out. :D
mzepol

Postby decker » 24 Jun 2010, 16:41

=D> Plus :

+ : Card Name - if I type Angel I get all cards with Angel in their names.
+ : Card Color Filter - I can look at all green and/or blue cards alone.
+ : If a picture is not found on internet the display shows the text mode.
+ : Add/Remove 4 is a good idea

:? Minus :

- : Card Text - I can't use comas to specify several strings, for instance : "flying, haste" will miss a creature with "flying, trample, haste".
- : Card Type - Usually when I look for cards I like to include all Instants and Sorceries, or all Artifacts and Enchantments, so check box is probably better than drop down menu.
- : Card Subtype - would probably gain from being text based for instance if I'm looking for all dual lands with 'Swamp' or all 'Human Shaman'.

:wink: Other stuff really useful for me :

- : Being able to search by Power and/or Toughness intervals like 4 >= P >= 6 and 2 >= T >= 5.
- : Being able to search by converted casting cost intervals like 3 >= CCC >= 4.
- : Being able to sort the results by CCC, P or T.

:idea: Ideas :

- : Being able to exclude some words from Card Text section, "graveyard, NOT threshold", or "draw, NOT cycling".
- : A reset search button could be useful, rather than uncheck and delete all search criteria.
- : The card text mode would have much to gain by using card 'themes' for background and borders to help visualize the color (I find the internet mode slow and cards harder to read in picture mode).

:?: Questions :

? : Could not find basic lands, are they hidden by Manalink ?
? : Are the save/load button currently functional ? Nothing happens when I click ...
Last edited by decker on 25 Jun 2010, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
decker

Postby stassy » 25 Jun 2010, 03:47

The Save and Load buttons do nothing right now.
:)
stassy

Postby decker » 25 Jun 2010, 05:18

I was bound to miss something like that !
Thanks for the moderate moderating stassy :mrgreen:
decker

Postby 0rion79 » 25 Jun 2010, 09:07

For sure, it has many interesting features that may turn useful. Also, I would suggest you to use a filter to select lands accordingly to the color of the mana that they may produce.
About graphic interface, it is skinny but functional: I would just propose you, if this may be done, to put "search results" and "your deck" on the same line of your card art location.
Instead, in the lower part, implement the same horizontal bar with card arts that we have in our standard deck builder, which is very useful.
Also, I strongly feel the missing in your version of the filter by set (Unlimited, Legends and so on).
I think that you have all the skills to optimize the available space, in order to put in all that is needed. If you can do that, I think that the old deck builder may be considered obsolete :)

PS: I think that having the deck showned by a mere list of card's names is more functional than the tower of virtual cards with images that original deck builder did show. But, just to speed up the visual memory reaction, could you make cards's name to be colored using clichè colors, as blue for blue cards and gold for gold cards?
0rion79

Postby jatill » 25 Jun 2010, 19:03

Thanks for the feedback; I plan on implementing some of these suggestions. As for the way I'm drawing cards, if someone can find generic colored card backgrounds, I'd be happy to use them.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Return to Development