It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:50

Text Size

M11... coding done, but set far from completion

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

M11... coding done, but set far from completion

Postby jatill » 29 Jul 2010, 13:28

Here's the scoop. M11 is completely coded, and lightly tested. What's not done is
1) The data entry into the CSV
2) The art
My goal by the end of the day today is to put at least the card names into the CSV so the art can be prepared. Are there any volunteers who can help with the art and data entry? I cannot do this myself, since it's a whole friggin' set (minus the 71 already-added cards)!

There are a couple smaller tasks that people can help with too. For example, I need to create a deck file with all the M11 cards in it. Perhaps 1 person could be responsible for thinking of the AI ranking for these cards, etc. Anyone can help, and I'd love to see a team effort here.

I will reiterate that my motivation to keep working on this game is largely linked to the amount of support I get from the community. At this point, the support I am looking for means an actual contribution to the game. Who's in?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: M11... coding done, but set far from completion

Postby Yggdrasil » 29 Jul 2010, 15:29

I'll help (searching for good quality pics is pretty fun. Data entry isn't fun at all but I can do that too :D ).
Can you send the list of the 178 yet-to-add cards ?

Edit : I almost forgot. Good job, Jatill.
Yggdrasil

Postby jatill » 29 Jul 2010, 16:10

Yggdrasil wrote:I'll help (searching for good quality pics is pretty fun. Data entry isn't fun at all but I can do that too :D ).
Can you send the list of the 178 yet-to-add cards ?

Edit : I almost forgot. Good job, Jatill.
I'll have the list in a couple hours. I'd rather see you doing the data entry, if you don't mind, since you have experience there. Other people have experience with the pics.

DrLambda helped a lot building the set. He wrote every white card, for instance, and dozens more. I think he had most of the data entry done too, except his hard-drive crashed :(
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 29 Jul 2010, 17:13

Here's everything you need to get started (this applies to whoever ends up doing the art also).
All of the M11 cards are in the LIMITED version. The ids start at 1800.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5z7h3zoc ... 100729.zip

-Use cardeditorlimited
-I have already enter card name, expansion, and exp_rarity, so leave those alone.
-If you get an out of bounds error when saving, just ignore it and hit enter to continue
-I'll enter data for the exe tab, so just worry about the csv. Don't forget to backup often and make sure your changes are getting applied by opening the deck editor in MagicLimited.

I tried to copy records from similar cards to minimize the amount of work you'll need to do. Good luck. The faster you can do this, the better. I am thankful for your help.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mzepol » 30 Jul 2010, 01:12

I'd like to help out with the images, but I don't know how. I mean, I've already modified some of the card art on my installation, but for M11, is there somewhere I can get the images to customize?
mzepol

Postby Yggdrasil » 30 Jul 2010, 09:04

@Mzepol : I use google images. If you can't find a good picture this way, try searching for a personnal galery or website of the artist.
For cutting or resizing the pics, I use XnView ( http://www.xnview.com/ ) which is very convenient, but there's a lot of similar softwares.
Good luck, M11 is recent so most of the pictures are difficult to find in good quality.
Yggdrasil

Postby jatill » 30 Jul 2010, 13:25

mzepol wrote:I'd like to help out with the images, but I don't know how. I mean, I've already modified some of the card art on my installation, but for M11, is there somewhere I can get the images to customize?
You can always use gatherer.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Searc ... age=6&set=[%22Magic%202011%22]
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mzepol » 30 Jul 2010, 14:25

Ok I'll give it a shot. Just send me the list of cards to look for.
mzepol

Postby jatill » 30 Jul 2010, 14:31

mzepol wrote:Ok I'll give it a shot. Just send me the list of cards to look for.
Download this and open ManaLinkL.csv (in wordpad is fine).

Everything in there from 1800-1959 that is in M11 needs pictures (named 1800.jpg, etc).
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby DrLambda » 30 Jul 2010, 16:55

This is probably my fault. I was almost done with everything when my HD crashed and i tried to fix it for two days before telling jatill what happened. Getting a new job that keeps me busy most of the time didn't help as well (Well... it's still very good news ;) )

One of the things i want to do in my free time is to create a "new Skymagic Editor" which automatically helps you with the cards (and probably has the ability to read spoiler files) because putting in 250 cards (twice, once for the csv and once for the .exe) is a chore that could be made a lot easier with a more comfortable editor. I'll try my hands at it sometime in the future, either in VB6 or VB.NET (which would require the .NET Framework, so feedback on which one you want would be appriciated.)

PS: I did the following cards, so if they don't work, bug me with it ;)

All white cards which weren't already coded
The following black cards - Blood Tithe, Captivating Vampire, Child of Night, Deathmark, Howling Banshee, Liliana's Specter, Nightwing Shade, Quag Sickness, Rotting Legion, Stabbing Pain, Viscera Seer
All the Titans
Fauna Shaman
Crystal Ball
Temple Bell
Ember Hauler
Greater Basilisk :x
Preordain
Jace's Erasure
DrLambda

Postby jatill » 30 Jul 2010, 18:25

Yggdrasil-
I've added about 130 cards to the exe (I wanted to do the last 30, but my carpal tunnel prevents me from finishing today). So you can actually play with these cards once you enter the csv data. I'll finish the rest by Monday. Any chance that you'll be able to finish the csv stuff by then?
Thanks.
~jeff

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0l1eaikao ... 100730.zip
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mzepol » 31 Jul 2010, 16:04

jatill wrote:
mzepol wrote:Ok I'll give it a shot. Just send me the list of cards to look for.
Download this and open ManaLinkL.csv (in wordpad is fine).

Everything in there from 1800-1959 that is in M11 needs pictures (named 1800.jpg, etc).
I'm getting a page cannot be found error from the link.
mzepol

Postby jatill » 31 Jul 2010, 19:56

jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Yggdrasil » 31 Jul 2010, 20:14

1800-1861 entries done.
I'll still continue a little this night and I should have more time tomorrow evening.
I'll try my best to finish before monday (in worst case scenario, I'll send my work tomorrow and I'll finish the last entries tuesday morning).

@DrLambda : a big thanx for you too. You didn't post recently in the Development forum so I thought you had abandonned the project. Great work. :D
Yggdrasil

Postby monopoman » 01 Aug 2010, 04:45

Jatill in the final release will you put the good cards into the regular version of the game for use in tournaments/challenge modes?

I figured you would just making sure lol.
monopoman

Next

Return to Development