It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:27

Text Size

Current targets[] and cc[2] values

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Current targets[] and cc[2] values

Postby drool66 » 13 Jul 2020, 01:05

Here's what I have for targets[] and cc[2] values as they are used currently. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Targets[]
0-9 Targets & general storage - mostly. There are some special general uses - [2] is used for aura movement and [4] is used to store the cursed player for curse-subtyped enchantments, for example
10 track dead permanents(see card_instance_t* legacy_permanents_destroyed_this_way_accumulate() ); special damage characteristics (eg. burn from within, aurelia's fury)
11 tracks sacrificed permanents - see whenever_a_player_sacrifices_a_permanent - looks like just a count to me. I see it compared to values -1, 0, 1, 66, <10; probably the most ripe for reclamation (see functions.c line 7811)
12 something with transforming cards
13 ditto - maybe when the other side is hidden, as with Morph or Hidden Agenda - maybe 12 has to do with the front and 13 is the back, I'm not sure; used also with manlands
14 stores special flags - only used in ~5 places but special flags are used everywhere
15 added subtypes; special flags 3
16 tracks damage dealt - I think it's just a count, so maybe we can reclaim this, but it also holds special keyword abilities (see defs.h line 982 ff)
17 special flags 2; something with humiliation/ability removal; cost mod for activated abilities
18 counter storage (as in +1/+1 counters, not counterspells)

cc[2]
1 - Cards activated from hand: Hybrid Mana, Suspend, Outlast, Morph, Echo, Flash; anything with special activation from hand. Player used to have to activate Rules Engine to use these, but now they're triggered automatically on cast
2 - Triggered abilities in GY
3 - Special cards, eg. Avatars, Planes, but not Schemes
4 - Cycling
5 - GY upkeep trigger
6 - Dredge
7 - None - I would use this for "when a spell or ability you control causes..." (although I don't think there are any cards like this)
8 - None - I intend to use this for "When a spell or ability an opponent controls causes..." (Karmic Justice, Sacred Ground, maybe Ajani's Last Stand, Pure Intentions)
9 - Unearth, Flashback & Planeswalkers
10 - Retrace
11 - Madness, discard triggers
12 - track spells cast, eg. Storm, OG Transform (if no spells were cast last turn, transform ~), can't cast more than X spells per turn
13 - Traps - has X happened, or how many times has X happened this game/this turn
14 - Track permanents put into GY
15 - Miracle
16 - Forecast
17 - Scavenge
18 - Dragon enchantments
19 - Conspire
20 - Recover - from Coldsnap; (When a creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay [cost]. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, exile this card.)
21 - Embalm & Eternalize
22 - Flamewake Phoenix - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you control a creature with power 4 or greater, you may pay {R}. If you do, return Flamewake Phoenix from your graveyard to the battlefield.
23 - Oketra's Attendant; Cycling + Embalm, ie. activation from GY and/or hand - several special cases in rules_engine could be rolled into this
--future--
24 - None (was saving for Eternalize, but I realized I can just use 21)
25 - Jump-Start? (Just a variant of Retrace I think)
26 - Adventure ie. activation from hand and from exile
27 - Escape
drool66
Programmer

Re: Current targets[] and cc[2] values

Postby Aswan jaguar » 13 Jul 2020, 12:41

From wiki:
"Card CC2" : This was unused by the original game, but now it's important for many new cards. Here's the list of values :
1 -> Casting cost can be modified (Hybrids, pitch spells and so on). Also used for cards that enable you to "play a spell for free from some zone" or "copy a spell".
2 -> Static Graveyard Abilities (Anger). It's also used for Bloodghast-like cards and cards that auto-reshuffle in the deck (like Darksteel Colossus or the Eldrazis).
3 -> Vanguar Avatars and Special Effects (EDH, Planechase etc.).
4 -> Cards that activates in hand (Cycling, Landcycling, Transmute and so on)
5 -> Cards that triggers in the upkeep when are in the graveyard ( Graveyard Upkeep Trigger ), like Nether Shadow, Ichorid and so on.
6 -> Cards that can be Dredged
9 -> Planeswalkers (if Enchantment) or Cards with Flashback (if not creature) / Unearth (if creature)
10 -> Cards with Retrace
11 -> Cards that generate an effect when discarded.
12 -> Cards that need the Storm Count (Dragonstorm, Vengevine and so on).
13 -> Trap cards, cards with Bloodthirst and in general cards that needs specific counts to be performed in order to work (check "zendikar.c" to see what counts are available).
14 -> Cards that need the special card Deadbox (stuff like Caller of the Claw, cards with Morbid, and in general cards that takes care of how many and what permanent went in Graveyards this turn).
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Development