It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:56

Text Size

Arcbound Ravager and gnomefry's dump

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Arcbound Ravager and gnomefry's dump

Postby FastEddie » 10 Nov 2020, 12:43

I understand your frustration. Let me explain why I am so stubborn, what the plan is and what you can do in the meanwhile.

The issue with the proposed solutions so far (expect for Korath's which probably fixes it once and for all and which I didn't really understand so far) is that they work around the problem. This may in turn cause additional issues elsewhere and since the call stack mechanic is involved I would not gamble with that.

If you can't stand this issue any longer you can apply Drool66's workaround "if(pos > -1)" (see above) but please do not commit this! As I said this might cause furhter issues elsewhere.

I will tackle Arcbound Ravager (finally) in the near future. Until now I didn't really get my head around this issue but now I feal confident enough to give it a try. The next steps are:

1. Sort the git issue out. I need Korath's help here as I don't know what is causing this.
    2. Finish choose_to_untap. Coffin Queen doesn't crash anymore but there are 15 or so cards that need to be changed to the new implementation of choose_to_untap (and check why the AI untaps although the targetted card is still in play... this affects amogn others Old Man of the Sea and Vedalken Shackles, I want to clean this up while I am at it otherwise I have to start from scratch again later).
    3. Attack Arcbound Ravager. As I don't know which other cards are affected (Mortarpod definitely and there are probably more) I need a clean version of the code, otherwise we might get in each other's way.
    4. When this is hopefully out of the way Isochron Scepter is probably next as it dumps annoyingly often, at least when the AI uses it. Most of the time it doesn't crash but there is clearly something wrong.
I hope that helps.
---
Argivian Archaeologist in the Library of Leng studying the Spells of the Ancients
FastEddie

Re: Arcbound Ravager and gnomefry's dump

Postby drool66 » 16 Nov 2020, 21:06

Followed Korath's instructions in f0d1eb8. Everything seems to be working. Also fixes issues in sacrifices - Abyssal Gatekeeper could sacrifice itself, for example.
drool66
Programmer

Previous

Return to Development