It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:57

Text Size

hybrid fix

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

hybrid fix

Postby jatill » 14 Dec 2010, 18:33

You know how hybrid cards don't intarect right with cost modifiers like Sphere of Resistance? Well, I woke up this morning knowing how to fix that (weird, right?)

So can someone take this version and test out the various interactions of hybrid cards and cost modifiers?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2aqbm293q ... 101214.zip

Assuming that works, I'll then need a list of all other cards in the game with an alternate cost, so I can fix them too (ex: Force of Will)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: hybrid fix

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Dec 2010, 17:22

I used Helm of Awakening for this.

Constructed version
Contagion - 1 doesn't work when pay -1 mana you cast it but becomes an enchantment that does nothing.
2 if you have a black card in hand then you can cast it for the whole mana cost ,origin cost and works ok or discard the black card and its ok.
Vine Dryad - doesn't work
Unmask - works fine when you don't have a black creature in hand otherwise you have to pay its whole cost or sac the creature.
Lavaball Trap - works fine
Archive Trap - works fine
Mindbreak Trap - didn't test
Force of Will - works fine
Daze - it works fine only when you don't have an island in play.otherwise pay its normal cost or return an island in hand
Gush - 1 if you have an island in play it works fine
2 with 2 or more Island in play you have to pay its whole cost or return 2 islands in hand
Fireblast - if you have 2 Mountain in play you have to pay the whole mana cost or sac the mountains but with 1 mountain and a Mox Rubin it works fine.
Bringer of the Blue Dawn - doesn't work
Bringer of the Black Dawn - doesn't work
Bringer of the Green Dawn - doesn't work
Land Grant - works fine.

* I made bold what it seems to be the problem or the interaction of mana cost and land,card interactions.
* I hope that helps.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: hybrid fix

Postby Salbei » 17 Dec 2010, 02:24

I guess cards with Evoke are effected by this aswell.
As far as i can tell you play the evoke cost and then are asked to pay the remaining mana to not sacrifice the card.
So in theory the Evoke cost will get increased or decreased and doesn´t matter when you want to keep the card in play. But as soon as you just want to Evoke the cards you have to pay the "wrong" casting cost.

Also this sometimes leads to some weird behaviour when you re-animate those cards out of a graveyard or sneak them into play via Cascade / Sneak Attack etc. The last time i´ve checked at least.
Didn´t test this with the version posted above though.

Mulldrifter
Cloudthresher
Reveillark
Shriekmaw
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Return to Development