It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:47

Text Size

New Limited Edition plans

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: New Limited Edition plans

Postby stassy » 06 Nov 2011, 13:48

Also in the wrong color :
362 Duskhunter Bat
which is considered as green instead of black creature by Random Singleton :D
stassy

Postby Gargaroz » 06 Nov 2011, 14:31

Amphin Cutthroat & Auramancer were coded, but their flag was not setten "On" on the CSV, damn.
You're right on the others, they were or too difficult or impossible to code. Maybe I'll find some workaround on the future for them (Platinum Emperion needs A LOT of recoding, and I think I found a way to code Tangle Angler).
I'll fix the wrong colors too :(
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby stassy » 06 Nov 2011, 14:36

Also did the AI value was set on the new cards?
Seems to be not because an AI with Random Singleton will almost never play M11+ cards but counter cards while it's a killer with pre M11 decks (game can be even smooth and faster with them)
stassy

Postby Gargaroz » 06 Nov 2011, 14:43

No Stassy, it's not a matter of AI values, it's the same old bug that stalls the AI sometimes. With Random Singleton on, it just happens more oftern since more different cards are played. Perhaps thanx to this I'll found out what it's causing it.
I tested several times M12 and the AI just plays it fine.
In the latest days I also improved the Random Singleton, so you won't get deck full of non-creature stuff (it's really annoying when playing Scars of Mirrodin).
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Masaaki » 06 Nov 2011, 14:58

Gargaroz wrote:Amphin Cutthroat & Auramancer were coded, but their flag was not setten "On" on the CSV, damn.
You're right on the others, they were or too difficult or impossible to code. Maybe I'll find some workaround on the future for them (Platinum Emperion needs A LOT of recoding, and I think I found a way to code Tangle Angler).
I'll fix the wrong colors too :(
Actually I just wanted to share what I found out. If it's an error in the .csv file, it's my fault and I'll fix it.

What you do is really great work and we'll try to take some work off your shoulders.
Masaaki

Postby Gargaroz » 06 Nov 2011, 15:17

Nah, no problem, I fixed that myself :)
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Masaaki » 09 Nov 2011, 06:02

All right this is the draft set for Mirrodin Besieged.

By the way, I was wondering what happened to Mortarpod. It was coded in Constructed version, but it seems it didn't make it into v2.
Attachments
DraftSets.rar
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Masaaki

Postby stassy » 09 Nov 2011, 07:33

If I am right it has been removed because its ping ability couldn't combo with deathtouch and as its his primary use...
stassy

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Nov 2011, 17:36

No, actually is my fault : in the CSV we originally planned, it was in slot 810, which was originally occupied by Tempest Efreet, an Ante card.
I planned to move it in another slot, but I forgot.
You'll get it on next update :(
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Masaaki » 10 Nov 2011, 07:18

Spent some time on that Sealed thing, here's my result.
If you don't want to replace your whole .csv, you can just copy the columns "Expansion", "Rarity" and "Exp Rarity".

I basically readjusted some cards from old unlimited and made some new assignments for sealed:

M11 -> M12
Zendikar -> Scars of Mirrodin
Revised -> Innistrad

The booster packs have the same set as in the deck editor, that is:

Arabian Nights -> M12
Antiquities -> Scars of Mirrodin
Legends -> Mirrodin Besieged
Dark -> New Phyrexia

Edit: While playtesting Scars of Mirrodin Draft, I found lots of wrong rarity values again. Also, I tweaked the AI base value a bit, some entries didn't make sense to me.
Edit: Tuned the values of Mirrodin Besieged.
Edit: Done with M12
Attachments
newlimited1411.rar
(23.07 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Last edited by Masaaki on 14 Nov 2011, 14:25, edited 6 times in total.
Masaaki

Postby Dave » 12 Nov 2011, 11:56

The new versions you guys create are awesome. The only thing i miss, is a switcher to activate a specific version. There is one in manalink, but i dont know how to change that one....
And i'm not that fond with batch-files which have to do something when i close another program. No offense meant, Gargaroz.
So i made a little exe. It checks on a file named 'LastExecuted,.txt' (which is pretty lame. a config.ini would be better). But hey, its version alpha....
Project was made with vs2008. The exe should be put in your magic-dir. I uploaded them both

Feel free to flame me or give me some advice on improvement, or how to incorporate it in the switcher from manalink.
Or just use my code to whatever use you want :D
Kind regards, Dave
Attachments
MagicLauncher(exe).rar
(7.83 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
MagicLauncher.rar
(102.4 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Dave

Postby Gargaroz » 21 Nov 2011, 14:51

The coding of Innistrad is done, now I'm playtesting a bit before releasing the final (for now) patch for New Limited.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Previous

Return to Development