It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:52

Text Size

New Limited Edition plans

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: New Limited Edition plans

Postby 0rion79 » 07 Oct 2011, 12:48

@Gargaroz, one of the samples that I better remember about CSV's utility is about how AI uses creatures with static abilities as Banding, Flying or First Strike. If it misses the proper flags, it will use those creatures as vanilla ones. It won't fix all troubles but is a nice aid for sure.
0rion79

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Oct 2011, 12:58

Orion, I've edited your guide and put it on the wiki, hope you'll appreciate ;)
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Guide_to_CSV_editing
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Oct 2011, 14:01

Yup, I know that, I also put a link in the guide.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 07 Oct 2011, 14:08

Gargaroz wrote:Yup, I know that, I also put a link in the guide.
Yep sorry, I noticed that. :oops:
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Oct 2011, 14:30

Gargaroz wrote:Orion, I've edited your guide and put it on the wiki, hope you'll appreciate ;)
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Guide_to_CSV_editing
Is this page only accessible from this link?I can't find it in Wiki/Manalink. :oops:
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby 0rion79 » 07 Oct 2011, 14:42

Well done, gargaroz! Oh, one more thing. It is possibile that the CSV interacts with AI's behavior in 2 ways: if the AI doesn't have any specific instruction from CSV, it may do its best with basic instructions from the EXE but it may also be confused if coded cards are filled with wrong flags that cause crazy choices or "paralyze" the AI. EG: using Blood Lust on Slaughter Cry may lead the AI to play the second card on opponent's creatures even if there is no reason to, because it is based on another spell's flags.
Last edited by 0rion79 on 07 Oct 2011, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
0rion79

Postby Sonic » 07 Oct 2011, 16:51

Masaaki wrote:
Sonic wrote:The artwork itself is no problem. I keep all the currently available core/expansion/promo artwork archived in the same 288x232 HQ format as I use for the SCV compiled artwork releases. Apart from three Innistrad cards I've already compiled the artwork for this months Constructed release using HQ pic (just waiting for the V3 bug release before releasing all three card art updates in the SCV forum).
Much of the old artwork can simply be renumbered from the current folders – and if Masaaki wants I could help out by starting to compile the rest from the xls file he posted.
That's great!
Yesterday I started editing the art from gatherer and it was pretty ugly. If you already have HQ pics, then you are in a better position to edit the art.
I've started moving the art files we already have, so I'd leave the new ones to you.
After that I'll continue on the M12 cards in the CSV.
Yeah, Gatherer pic are just too small, as are the pics from many card collector/retail sites.
Enlarging original crops much smaller than 288x232 tends to make the image look blurred and blocky when viewed in the game.

I'll crack on with the new artwork.

I'll send you the artwork with a xls file with the completed 'Num Pics' column you can paste into the csv file.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Oct 2011, 19:17

it's good that you're willing to do the Artwork, but please do the CSV first, and even the EXE if you're capable. Without that, it's a pain for me to test the codes.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Masaaki » 08 Oct 2011, 19:42

Finished moving artwork and csv slots around and I got an idea:

We could change the sets that are displayed in the deck builder to something like this:
8th -> M12
4th -> Scars of Mirrodin
Astral -> Mirrodin Besieged
Arabian Nights -> New Phyrexia
Antiquities -> Innistrad

I read that cuecards.txt needs to edited, but there's only one in the \magic folder. We might have to implement a second file for limited, the csv editing is no big deal.
Any comments?
Masaaki

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Oct 2011, 00:26

Masaaki, I did a similar thing for my Golden Years mod, and was very useful.
The coding of m12 is finished, so we could possibly release a "first part" of this "new" Limited in a decent time.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 10 Oct 2011, 21:51

OK, artworks nearly done. I’ve replaced the current LQ pics that would have been renumbered from the current Constructed folder, and added a few extra alternative pics to some of the cards.

Questions:

Glimmerpost is listed twice in the xls file Masaaki posted: 0596 and 0597.
Which slot do you want to use for Glimmerpost, and what artwork shall I put in the other, if any?

There are a couple of blank slots between the sets: 0751 and 1082.
So, leave blank, or suggestions what should go in them?

Lastly, tokens.
0915 - Cat Token
1080 – Golem Token
1081 – Plant Token
I assumed tokens were going to be grouped in some of the old token hard coded slots. Do you want to leave them where they are?

The set grouping for the Deck Builder is a very good idea - and it should be a simple job setting it up in the csv whilst all the sets are grouped together in consecutive slots.
Won't last long, I'll bet. :wink:
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Gargaroz » 11 Oct 2011, 00:51

Sonic, be sure to use the XLS file I posted to move artworks, it compact the slots used for cards that are already coded in Unlimited cards.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Dave » 11 Oct 2011, 11:52

Guys, just a thought here. With all the different versions you're about to make, it will be a pain to know which card is used in which version. Maybe it is easier to gather all these data in a database. From there, you can write an sql-statement that can generate the csv-file you need.
In the database you can link your card-id to an slot and to a version.
I added a access2010 db and a picture about this in the zip-file.
Feel free to ask or shoot.
Attachments
Documents.zip
(261.52 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Dave

Postby Masaaki » 11 Oct 2011, 12:44

Sonic wrote:Questions:

Which slot do you want to use for Glimmerpost, and what artwork shall I put in the other, if any?

Here's a list of all slots between 292 and 1338, I've corrected the double Glimmerpost. Since my first list there have been some changes due to old unlimited cards. Anyway, 583 is now Glint Hawk Idol and 584 is now Glimmerpost.

Dave wrote:Guys, just a thought here. With all the different versions you're about to make, it will be a pain to know which card is used in which version. Maybe it is easier to gather all these data in a database.
The idea is easy: Overhaul the old limited edition and make it a standard up to date edition. When we are finished, limited edition contains all cards that are standard legal. Nothing complicated about that.
Attachments
SlotsLimited_v3.xls
(99.5 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
Masaaki

Postby Sonic » 11 Oct 2011, 16:32

Masaaki wrote:
Sonic wrote:Questions:

Here's a list of all slots between 292 and 1338, I've corrected the double Glimmerpost. Since my first list there have been some changes due to old unlimited cards. Anyway, 583 is now Glint Hawk Idol and 584 is now Glimmerpost.
Can I have assurances 'SlotsLimited_v3.xls' is the definitive list?

Sorry, but at this end, 'some changes' actually equates to having to manually check and renumber 769 card images... again! :(
Sonic
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Development