It is currently 21 May 2024, 01:51

Text Size

2000 cards limit

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: 2000 cards limit

Postby gmzombie » 08 Dec 2011, 17:58

all cards are in there should be no cards removed and simply put even cards that werent coded were left in there spot due to the fact that alot of some previously uncoded cards were in fact coded ie. safehaven, preacher and so on.

if i get an answer on the set allocations i will try to update that with up to date set numbers so we can have a better way to arrange and find cards. On that note i think adding buttons will be good but there is just to many sets vs buttons. even if we create buttons like the pic i upped in this thread about deck builder on page 4 there is only at least on that pic 28 buttons for sets and the current total set list in magic is 13 core editions and 57 current expansion sets but there is only 18 current expansion blocks/cycles. im thinking that set blocks/cycles are the way to go with a sub menu indicating which set is selected to be included much like the current unlimited, revised, fourth menu . even that seems to be a hell of a lot of work due to the fact that we currently dont know how the deck builder even does it for the unlimited,revised,fourth option. The key here is how easy is it to add buttons and make them follow suit with sets and such. Im willing to help with whatever when we get to this point. lets stay on plans and first get this 2k problem fixed. unless its an easy fix the deck builder that is.

EDIT: Oh yea i was looking through the new csv and some things could be wrong like exp rarity for black lotus is 0h isnt that a rare card
Last edited by gmzombie on 08 Dec 2011, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby 0rion79 » 08 Dec 2011, 18:10

I strongly agree.
0rion79

Postby Mok » 08 Dec 2011, 23:50

I'm a bit busy at the moment and might be for a couple of days due to my job, so don't have time to finish fixing the sealed deck stuff, but as there's still no combined card_data_t it doesn't really matter at the moment. Attached is first try. Cards.dat is randomly created by my combining tool, card_data_t inside the exe is from limited release so if you choose decks from original game it might even play correctly heh. Otherwise it needs proper card_data_t. ManalinkEh.dll is the one from Gargaroz, except find/replaced 0055D0E0->0073BB00. Seems to start and not crash, hard to tell anything else. If you manage to prepare card_data_t you can do some initial testing. Might work or not, hard to tell at the moment, have fun :)

There's a couple extra files in the archive: shandalar.exe & cards1.dat - it's just Shandalar modified to use image.dll and fixed a bit for newer machines. Seems to work fine here.

Regarding expanding Expansions in cards.csv this might be a little bit more tricky than I thought. There's 32 bits for expansions, so easy to expand, but the problem is rarity field. Each expansion takes 4 bits, so... not so great. There are some seemingly unused fields in the .dat structure but it might require modifications to the engine. We'll see, no time to check it at the moment.
Attachments
2k_v1.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 244 times
Mok
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 09 Dec 2011, 00:38

no problem mok we will be here testing while you make your money. Im very excited so far with what he have done in this small amount of time already.

checked shandalar and it looks so much better with using the new resolution card pics and deckbuilder.

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Mok » 09 Dec 2011, 01:18

gmzombie wrote:no problem mok we will be here testing while you make your money. Im very excited so far with what he have done in this small amount of time already.

checked shandalar and it looks so much better with using the new resolution card pics and deckbuilder.
Sure, I'll be reading the forums from time to time in case you manage to prepare card_data_t and find something crashing etc.

And shandalar is unchanged, just fixed a bit to not crash when using modified files from the current versions. I used to play it a lot in the past, when I was bored ;)
Mok
Programmer

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Dec 2011, 02:11

I tested it and... IT WORKS ! I actually did a little duel with the older cards and everything seemed to work fine !
Edit : Mok, could you post the CSV you used to generate the card.dat you included ? So I can try if our old editor could keep up too.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 09 Dec 2011, 04:25

If you need a csv check out the page 10. i posted a manalink15.rar and it is a complete card csv. just make that into a cards.dat and you have the complete even with the cards that arent coded from the original. 4116 cards! great job by the way from everybody

EDIT: if there is any simple data basing in code pointers into your eh lds file im more than willing to help out Garg if you have a list that is

gmzombie

Postby 0rion79 » 09 Dec 2011, 08:07

For me too :) GMZombie, now you have to combine it with the new cardart...

Also, I was wondering: is it possibile to take this moment as a chance to fix "proteciton from colors" ability?
I don't know why Microprose did it but, if you look at White Knight, it not only has the static ability (which prevents it from being the target of black spells & effects and ignores damage) but also its own special code that is used to destroy enchant creature spells and shake off effects in case of color shifting. It is something that is missed by most of the cards that we coded. Can we merge the two codes now, so that each warded creature will work properly by default?

Sorry if I add ideas that are not coherent with everything else but it looks the best time to make big changes to the game.
0rion79

Postby Dave » 09 Dec 2011, 08:47

I strongly agree :) .
Maybe there is time to ask guidelines how to code 'changing targets' like Misdirection too
Dave

Postby foolosopher » 09 Dec 2011, 09:29

I just tested and it works,
Actually played a couple duels and didn't crush but...
when trying to select a deck for duel, I couldn't find my decks, tried creating a new deck but again couldn't find the deck.
I could find them though at the deck builder.
Many card images were missing, due to having >2000 cards I suppose
Which csv did you use?
That's for now, haven't tried snacko's modifications with the new dlls and such yet.
Upload resources, we don't want to lose anything.
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby 0rion79 » 09 Dec 2011, 09:36

Very strange. I've created a new, fresh installation and I find both my decks and AI default decks.
If you can't find your decks in the duel it is most likely because they are storing some card that is NOT presdent in the game.
0rion79

Postby foolosopher » 09 Dec 2011, 09:57

Well I have used my old installation sustituting the relevant files with 2k-v1 from snacko
but the new deck was created with existing cards, I 'll try again later when I can.
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby Mok » 09 Dec 2011, 10:39

The game working now with some cards is more or less an accident, that's due to limited version's card positions being like in the original game. Any serious testing requires changing card_data_t's card IDs to these in the final csv you'll prepare. And that's a lot of work unfortunately. Also a lot of cards have borked AI data there due to mistakes done when editing with sky editor.
Mok
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 09 Dec 2011, 10:49

yah know i was looking through some of the csv and noticed some funky exp rarity settings like for example black lotus had a 0h shouldnt it be like at least a 9h. i hope snackos cardartlib.dll gets fixed as i really like the new way of using card names instead of numbers. it makes having card art not so cluttered.

Also i made a thread for some updated shandalar artwork i have it up right now if someone who is good with art can make it look good.

On a side note can there or is there a way to make the game work in a smaller resolution? 1024x768 is quite huge nowadays. im sure if it is able to be made to go at a higher res we can recreate those awesome pics we have now? just curious really.

gmzombie

Postby Mok » 09 Dec 2011, 11:21

gmzombie wrote:yah know i was looking through some of the csv and noticed some funky exp rarity settings like for example black lotus had a 0h shouldnt it be like at least a 9h.
Card rarity is horribly borked and not sure if it ever worked properly. It's defined in several places for every card, and I doubt any of these places is correct actually. In cards.dat, in card_data_t and rarity.csv. Deck builder, game engine etc. all use different values. It's a bit stupid, like they couldn't decide how to handle it.
i hope snackos cardartlib.dll gets fixed as i really like the new way of using card names instead of numbers. it makes having card art not so cluttered.
In the meantime new version of cardartlib.dll supports renaming of the card data, just in a bit different way than the one in Snacko's version (no accented filenames). I explained it in my initial post about it.
On a side note can there or is there a way to make the game work in a smaller resolution? 1024x768 is quite huge nowadays. im sure if it is able to be made to go at a higher res we can recreate those awesome pics we have now? just curious really.
Smaller resolution? I'm lost here :) Anyway Shandalar works in 2 resolutions only (or was it 3? 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768). Magic.exe scales itself to the size of desktop. I doubt anything can be changed without major rewrites.
Mok
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Development