It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:02

Text Size

Shandalar art

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar art

Postby gmzombie » 09 Dec 2011, 06:04

for anyone who wants a g at it with the new image.dll from mok now in everything we can have updated art in the game as well. If your down for it here is what i could get out of the game right now.
Attachments
shandalar art.rar
art files in png format right now
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 519 times
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Re: Shandalar art

Postby mathusalem » 10 Dec 2011, 20:21

For the moment, I can't but I took a look at it and I will think about what I can do.
It will be long though because there are a lot of tiny things and details to change. But We can start with the larger images.

oh by the way. Shandalar is crashing seriously in windows 7 but, as I'm coming back from the dead, maybe someone already spotted that out. :)
mathusalem

Postby gmzombie » 10 Dec 2011, 21:36

nah thats cool Math. i figured even with the current setup with Moks help he has already made shandalar better just by making it use the image.dll instead of using the old card art and borders and such. Even though he wasent really doing it for that it was a great improvement already. that is when i thought about a art update for shandalar. I'm sure im not the only one who says the new artwork in the game currently is great and give you a thumbs up on. Now with Snacko's help also we have gotten away from the numbers.jpg for manalink and have actual names which is great

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby mathusalem » 01 Mar 2012, 18:51

hello guys, just a quick wink to tell you that I haven't forgotten shandalar; Here is what I came up with for the main frame that accompagny you for most of the game.
hope it's visible. It's still in the works and feedback is welcome...etc
Attachments
advfac64 copie.jpg
mathusalem

Postby gmzombie » 02 Mar 2012, 12:33

thats looking sweet dude

gmzombie

Postby stassy » 02 Mar 2012, 15:28

mathusalem> Sorry to intrude in a Shandalar thread but do you have a plan for a ML3 main menu background? :p
stassy

Postby mathusalem » 03 Mar 2012, 09:44

Yes it's in in another thread; but it was just an idea on the go so it has to be tuned and tweaked.

Thanks for the feedback, guys :wink:
Attachments
mainshell manalink 3_smaller.jpg
mathusalem

Postby sullman » 03 Mar 2012, 12:18

Mathusalem,

are these orginal pieces of yours, they are beautiful.

Steve
sullman

Postby mathusalem » 03 Mar 2012, 20:06

made with the help of Poser, (a great hobbyist 3d app); I do draw illustrations, but not at all in the same graphic line. but these are originals yes, I am happy that they please. :)
mathusalem

Postby gmzombie » 15 Jul 2012, 01:49

Math im curious if you ever got anywhere with the rest of the shandalar images? that main page is awesome

gmzombie

Postby CirothUngol » 15 Jul 2012, 07:06

Yes, I second the motion. Your AdvFac64 replacement looks great!
Has anyone been able to get a non-PIC menu image to load? Sadly, I've had absolutely no luck with replacing anything other than DeckBuilder or DuelArt images for the Shandalar 2012 Project... and it wasn't from lack of trying.

However, I've been able to convert (nearly) all of the .PIC files from the original game to .BMPs with proper palettes. If you'd like to check 'em out, a working PicViewer and Conversion Tools for Microprose .PIC files can be found in this thread. Also, an archive containing all of the converted BitMaps from the original install is available on MediaFire, or you can snag just the Shandalar BitMaps right here.
Attachments
Shandalar_BitMaps_ProperPalette.rar
All 99 .PIC files from the Program folder converted to BitMaps with proper palettes.
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 388 times
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 15 Jul 2012, 17:53

it would be cool and informative if we could get some programmers together to do a assembly style list of every function and what it does so it could be recoded. Same goes for the New Manalink. would love to see that. Hell even if the shandalar update was just to 2.0 standards would be great.

gmzombie

Postby mathusalem » 27 Jul 2012, 12:44

Oups ! late again to answer that thread.
Well I have a few things nearly ready. But I'have been unable to check how they worked because it crashes the game each time I tried them.
concerning the environment of the game, the castle interiors etc, the bmp rendition I have is for a lot of them is a bit horrid, and I have trouble seeing what a lot of the elements are.
Honestly, the landscapes and so forth would be very cool to tweak but I don't know how to start.
mathusalem

Return to Development