It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:24

Text Size

Draft Development in ML 3.0

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Draft Development in ML 3.0

Postby stassy » 16 Feb 2013, 04:38

Don't forget to put Magic.exe to white list or disable your antivirus (not firewall)...
stassy

Postby jmartus » 16 Feb 2013, 08:37

stassy wrote:Well, I can testify that it's playble, since I was able to make a M13 draft, but it's still need tweaking and a better version should be available next patch.
I cant wait to try that out!
jmartus

Postby jmartus » 16 Feb 2013, 08:38

I hope you were talking about sealed draft not sure.
jmartus

Postby foolosopher » 16 Feb 2013, 10:10

CirothUngol wrote:Download the latest "Complete" Install from one of the links in my signature, and see if that one will run. Everything from that install works great on my Win7x64, and everything but Draft seems to work on WinXP. I'd really like to pinpoint this issue, 'cause my little project computer at work runs WinXP and I still can't play Draft while I'm on lunch. ^_^
Only, if you have included the new playdecks that you 're cooking with the other guys =P~ . Anyway, I'll have some feedback on Monday, the wxp home is a small work laptop.
Oh, and it fails to start entirely, once I press the "Magic" button...
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby Emphyrio » 20 Feb 2013, 18:00

@CirithUngol

I use win XP SP3 familial edition, for what it's worth. I'll keep you informed of how it works with w7 once I find the courage to install it :).
Emphyrio

Postby foolosopher » 21 Feb 2013, 01:37

Hi,
Ciroth I downloaded annd upacked your Manalink3.0_20130105v2_Complete and I am getting
"the application failed to initialize properly oxc0000142..."
I had found another installation from https://rapidshare.com/files/194994241/MtG.rar which is after 2k limit and loads OK, it still has the manalink gem, but the link now is dead. But maybe I can upload it somewhere, it's about 350MB.
Any (other) ideas?
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 21 Feb 2013, 05:23

@Foolosopher have you tried to install in another dir than the one you usually use in case an earlier version messes up things.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gmzombie » 21 Feb 2013, 22:54

your missing some pic or bmp files that is the error for it if i recall.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby foolosopher » 02 Mar 2013, 23:55

Hi guys,

Tried another installation and it works, so I guess gmzombie is right.

But Ciroth maybe you need to check your latest "complete" installation zipped folder. Anyway, one that I had tried some months before was working, so maybe you trimmed some useful files.
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 May 2013, 15:20

Hi,foolosopher I wanted to ask you if it is possible to make inserting new patches to draft in an easy way to somebody who can't code like me through a config.newdraft.text for example,because you are very busy at some periods and we can't draft new sets.

- Also,I found a bad AI behaviour as AI drafted 6 Armageddon and even worse AI put all of them in his deck which is illegal.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gmzombie » 11 May 2013, 16:23

technically i believe in draft it is limited and you can play as many as you have. at least this is the way i just drafted for dragons maze pre release.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby foolosopher » 18 May 2013, 22:05

Hi guys, (not so) long time no see and you start to look for ways to replace me :-( . And to think that I only missed a couple of patches...
Anyway, fun aside, AJ what you ask is doable but requires a bit of work. However, we are going to hit a wall nevertheless #-o , the way the "interface" of draft with manalink.csv is implemented. AFAIK the number of columns refering to rarity in the manalink.csv is limited and with few empty columns left for future expansions. So, unless I am wrong or someone can increase the number of these columns, we are going to run out of space for new expansions in draft. Therefore, we need someone to prove me wrong or redesign or expand the "interface". While doing so maybe the config file approach that AJ proposed could be added. I 'd like the opinion of Gargaroz or any developer (maybe Mok?) on this.
As for the bad AI, no rules are enforced in draft, apart from colour matching and highest AI score. This goes for GMZ also, but maybe a check for a limit of only choosing up to 4 same cards for AI could be applied.
Anyway, give me a few days to add support for the latest expansions and we can debate on the other things mentioned...
foolosopher

Postby Sonic » 19 May 2013, 00:03

foolosopher wrote:Hi guys, (not so) long time no see and you start to look for ways to replace me :-( . And to think that I only missed a couple of patches...
Anyway, fun aside, AJ what you ask is doable but requires a bit of work. However, we are going to hit a wall nevertheless #-o , the way the "interface" of draft with manalink.csv is implemented. AFAIK the number of columns refering to rarity in the manalink.csv is limited and with few empty columns left for future expansions. So, unless I am wrong or someone can increase the number of these columns, we are going to run out of space for new expansions in draft. Therefore, we need someone to prove me wrong or redesign or expand the "interface". While doing so maybe the config file approach that AJ proposed could be added. I 'd like the opinion of Gargaroz or any developer (maybe Mok?) on this.
As for the bad AI, no rules are enforced in draft, apart from colour matching and highest AI score. This goes for GMZ also, but maybe a check for a limit of only choosing up to 4 same cards for AI could be applied.
Anyway, give me a few days to add support for the latest expansions and we can debate on the other things mentioned...
No panic. The max number of entries available to expansions is 256 – we’re currently only at 124.
The only reason we have a limit of 137 expansion columns at the moment is because some of us are still using Excel 2003 and it only has a maximum sheet width of 256 columns.
As I’m currently doing the data entry and I need the last two for data entry processing, this leaves 137 for the expansions – if I add any more columns Excel 2003 won’t load the file.
So no problem, I suspect we won’t run out of expansion entry space before we hit the card limit… and earlier still, I need to upgrade my version of Excel.
:(
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 May 2013, 12:56

Sorry if I sounded like we can do without you,in fact I wish we all grow old and still be active Manalink junkies, :lol:
Besides your work in Draft has not finished at all as it would be nice to have those custom sets.
And we still depend on you finding time and help to fix Sealed so no way we can't do without your precious skills and company. :mrgreen:
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 19 May 2013, 22:39

@Sonic: Thanks for clearing this out. It seems we will have some time to work out a solution until then. Maybe you should try one of the open source office platforms like libre office, open office etc.

@AJ: No worries AJ, I like to help and give back to the community what little I can, your proposal was good though, but needs a bit of work and is not exactly top priority as it would save little effort from a developer in order to add a new set. About sealed, are there any news, haven't noticed any relevant topic...
foolosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Development