It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:31

Text Size

Draft Development in ML 3.0

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Draft Development in ML 3.0

Postby Emphyrio » 11 Feb 2013, 16:34

Hi. I would have liked to understand how to make the drafts work. I have currently installed Gorgoroz Time spiral v2 version of ML3. Do I just replace the ManalinkEH.dll with the one from Foolosopher's last link, and add the "draft-v23c-set_names-more_sets-clean" in the same Program folder? And if so, how to launch a draft in a specific set then? Make a deck with the "draft" card and cards from that set?
Emphyrio

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Feb 2013, 17:31

Emphyrio since you have already time spiral.v2 you don't need anything else,you don't need to put the draft card to the deck just check the draft box.

1- check the draft box.
2- start game.
3- draft begins choose 1- ignore rarity or 2- enforce rarity or 3- singleton 4- select sets (the numbering system of the sets is the one of the csv)select 3 sets and then begin drafting your cards.(Be aware that some sets don't have enough cards to enforce rarity=(11+ Commons, 3+ Uncommons, 1+ Rares at least per set) or for singleton=120 cards coded at least).If a set doesn't have enough cards draft you will be warned for the error and draft will end.
5- go to the deck editor,search for Draft - Human.dck get rid of the junk,add as much basic lands you want and make a 40 card deck(AI decks are also 40 card decks)or bigger if you like.
6- Unfortunately it is not automated, so go to Solo Duel and select your deck and Draft Opponent 1.dck to Draft Opponent 7.dck
* 7- Another way is to remove your decks from the playdeck folder leave there only the draft decks and play Gauntlet.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Emphyrio » 12 Feb 2013, 15:52

Thanks, but then I don't know what's wrong.. For me it always crashes after the first selection (ignore or enforce rarity or singleton), for any choice I make. It was already the case with the previous manalink versions (september 2012 and the time spiral v1).
Emphyrio

Postby Aswan jaguar » 12 Feb 2013, 16:09

So it doesn't load the menu with card sets
1-10
11-20 and rest?
CirothUngol reported the same problem I don't know if he has found the problem.Maybe something is missing from your magic file.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 12 Feb 2013, 17:34

Tested with these settings
- Ignore rarity
- player and AIs > block M13 (the last serie I think 100 something)
And it seems to work ok (I get to choose my cards from booster, game end and decks are created)
However, on the AI side, there seems to be way too much lands, something like 60%ish per deck, I don't know if it work like that in a real draft game...
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 12 Feb 2013, 20:35

Stassy some of the blocks you have chosen or all don't have the AI base value set that's why AI can't "find" enough good cards=with more than 0 value for his deck so AI puts more lands to them,the normal is 17 lands (43%)maybe 18,19 if AI selects some 1 or 2 non basic lands.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby CirothUngol » 13 Feb 2013, 00:28

Aswan jaguar wrote:CirothUngol reported the same problem I don't know if he has found the problem.
Yes, that's the same problem I've experienced... and no, I never found a solution.

I've only had this issue while using WinXP (on two different systems)... the exact same install with the exact same files works just fine using Win7x64. Is there a chance that Manalink has another prerequisite that isn't listed (.NET Framework, perhaps)? When I find some time, I'd like to figure out why this won't work.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby foolosopher » 14 Feb 2013, 00:28

Hi guys,

I tweaked the land distribution a bit, try out the attached ManalinkEh.dll and tell me if the distribution is better.
Where can I get stassy's csv with the new AI values?
Attachments
ManalinkEh-tweak_lands.rar
(759.81 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby stassy » 14 Feb 2013, 03:57

Sonic has it, I just sent him data for the Gatecrash expansion so I only have the previous one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?757u6vbkj8bpwma
stassy

Postby Emphyrio » 14 Feb 2013, 18:59

ok thanks Cirith and Aswan. I'm indeed under win XP. Going to upgrade to windows 7, got the CD but never bothered installing it (partly because I was affraid the early mtg patches wouldn't work with it, but no that I m on ML3, no reason not to :) ).
Emphyrio

Postby CirothUngol » 15 Feb 2013, 00:48

@Emphyrio
Just a clarification... AJ uses WinXP and Draft works just fine for him. I use Win7x64 and it also works fine for me, but I can't get it to work under WinXP. This lack of symmetry seems to indicate that something is missing in my WinXP installs.

Please let us know if you still have problems in Win7, or if you finally get it working.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby jmartus » 15 Feb 2013, 09:17

can you guys get sealed deck working on newer sets working i prefer that format
jmartus

Postby stassy » 15 Feb 2013, 12:24

Well, I can testify that it's playble, since I was able to make a M13 draft, but it's still need tweaking and a better version should be available next patch.
stassy

Postby foolosopher » 15 Feb 2013, 23:03

Hey guys,
I have a wxp home where magic fails to start, actually I get the message
"The application failed to initialize properly".
I 've been trying to fix it for some time, by installing and re-installing various libraries, mostly .net and VB6, but no avail.
If I recall correctly this happened after the Mok fix, maybe after March update, or Snacko's libraries.
I have Manalink working in a win7x32 and "even" a vista installation, so it definately has to be some missing or mis-installed library, I guess. So, maybe this is related to the problems that you mention.
I 'm open to suggestions...
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby CirothUngol » 16 Feb 2013, 00:51

foolosopher wrote:Hey guys, I have a wxp home where magic fails to start...
Does it fail to start entirely? At what point does it fail? My issue is that I can't get Draft to start under WinXPsp3. The only libraries that Manalink requires are VisualBASIC and VisualC, and both of those are loaded on my WinXP systems.
Please do us a favor...

Download the latest "Complete" Install from one of the links in my signature, and see if that one will run. Everything from that install works great on my Win7x64, and everything but Draft seems to work on WinXP. I'd really like to pinpoint this issue, 'cause my little project computer at work runs WinXP and I still can't play Draft while I'm on lunch. ^_^
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Development