It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:39

Text Size

Draft Development in ML 3.0

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Draft Development in ML 3.0

Postby Gargaroz » 22 Oct 2012, 14:32

Your modification are incorporated now ;)
I'll leave the matter in your hand, I've no interest in Limited.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Oct 2012, 18:03

The sets already in the submenu list work fine now,thanks.
- Custom sets not supported in this fix right?It crashes everytime I try one.
- How can one insert in the list a set other than the ones already there?can it be done so they are customisable at least until a way can be found to have all sets listed?
- Also if we get stuck to the current number of sets in the submenu can we leave there only Unlimited(which includes all Alpha cards and is the same as Beta edition) to make room for other sets?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 25 Oct 2012, 15:00

Hi guys,

No big promises this time, updates will probably be scarce and unfrequent, but I have some things in mind to build. Will need a few bughunters too, although AJ hardly misses these things, maybe we should upgrade him to headhunter :lol: . Anyway I 'm trying to fix custom sets, they were also affected because of the shift, but it's not that, something is getting messed when trying to review picks from a custom set.
Apart from that, Gargaroz is there any chance to use the scroll down list from the updated deck builder to add some more sets for selection, do we have any code or function from that?
Also is there any code available from the csv2dat in order to fix what is moved to rarity.dat?
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Oct 2012, 16:58

I know you have seen this post by Mok (farewell one) which he left source code of what he did but maybe you forgot about it or you just need more.Of course if any changes were made since then to it, Gargaroz has to help.
Anyway no harm can be made,link:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6150&start=15#p79753
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 07 Nov 2012, 00:23

Hi guys,
By looking into properly loading custom sets I fixed the 6 players game and added the set names in the debug, error and player messages to help debugging and make them more understandable. Someof my previous rotiserrie code is included but the option is disabled, since it's not finished yet.
Attached you will find a zip including the source and its relevant ManalinkEh.dll. One has the debug messages that I use when developing.
The other one also has the two relevant files but with many debug messages deleted.
draft-6players-set_names-debug.rar
(631.9 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

Sorry couldn't fix the custom sets yet. :(
AJ thanks for the link, unfortunately the deckbuilder code is in asm, so I IF I ever manage to use something from it, it will take time.
Attached dlls are compatible with M13 update, but probably need bughunting :wink:
Attachments
draft-6players-set_names-semiclean.rar
(632.68 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Nov 2012, 17:22

I have a lot of fun play-testing this thanks so much foolosopher.

Bugs I have found so far(8 players tested so far):
1- Enforced rarity works only for sets already on menu.If you add in sets.text another set always you get a "not enough coded cards ID*number error" but the number of the ID is not the one of the set you put there,at least according to the Expansions.h,and the sets have enough coded cards.

For these sets I tested (Enforced Rarity)
Magic 2011 = ID 17 error
Avacyn Restored = ID 18 error
New Phyrexia =ID 19 error

I get these errors in draft_errors:
Not enough coded cards to enforce rarity for set (ID=17), Commons=200, Uncommons=0, Rares=0 !
Not enough coded cards to enforce rarity for set (ID=18), Commons=200, Uncommons=0, Rares=0 !
Not enough coded cards to enforce rarity for set (ID=19), Commons=164, Uncommons=0, Rares=0 !

But all these are false as according playdeck manager explain.rarity coded cards in the sets have:
land- common-uncommon-rare-mythic-total
Magic 2011 ............................. 5 .. 101 .. 59 ..... 50 . 15 ... 230
Avacyn Restored ........................ 5 .. 98 ... 60 ..... 52 . 13 ... 228
New Phyrexia ........................... 5 .. 60 ... 58 ..... 31 . 10 ... 164

2- In ignore rarity and Singleton above sets seem to work fine.So far I noticed only a bug that they draft basic lands but those shouldn't be drafted as in draft you always add basic lands for free when making the deck.

3- Singleton is not so much of a Singleton since it can draft 3 same cards at least (I drafted 3 Fervent Cathar although it is a card of only one set - Avakyn Restored).
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 10 Nov 2012, 23:50

well, that was fast!
Anyway for
1:It is as it should be, since custom sets do not include card rarity but only card ID. So the total number of cards of a set appear as common, hence the error.
I think I have mentioned this before, this needs to be mentioned in the wiki. Maybe I need to put a check for Enforce rarity and custom sets. The ID unfortunately now refers to internal counting due to some extra columns that have been added in the Manalink.csv .If it is misleading, I 'll keep only expansion names.
2: Drafting basic lands can happen if they appear as commons and not lands: need to look into this
3: need to look into this, but did it happen with any other set?

Oh, bugs never stop :|
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Nov 2012, 10:01

Foolosopher can you make it load draft by it's name and not ID number because with it's update -new set draft ID changes and it doesn't work?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 19 Nov 2012, 12:47

Well actually this is what's already happening AJ, you pick a name which is translated into some internal ID. Anyway I checked the draft code of the latest v2 patch and the latest code of the draft wasn't included (or at least some of it) but when I applied it on top of the M13 update, draft for standard (not custom) expansions worked. So what's the problem?
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Nov 2012, 17:29

After RavnicaV2 probably V1 also when I select draft from menu although I have applied on top the M13 last draft update and overwrite this is what I get instead of the Draft card

EDIT 20/9 I have overcome the above problem so yes,the standard sets work.Unfortunately customs sets as you mentioned don't work now unlike M13 when they worked.
Attachments
draft.png
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 26 Nov 2012, 07:59

Hm... custom sets were not working for me in M13. Anyway, I 'm working on adding more standard sets in the selection and will see this later. So give me some more days.
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Nov 2012, 15:06

Foolosopher if I remember correctly I managed to make custom sets work in M13 but I had to add the decks in playdeck folder,also.Then they worked and probably they will work for you,too if you do this.Unfortunately,probably the latest piece of code for draft that wasn't included in last Ravnica update and v2 doesn't allow custom sets to work the way I mentioned earlier.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 30 Dec 2012, 00:17

Hi guys,
Here's a new version with some additional sets available (call it my X-mas present :D ), the selector is not what I would opt for, but it works, so give it a try. The error messages are also improved and the expansion names that are causing the error are displayed.
Sorry, still no support for custom sets...
Tested with Old & New Ravnika_v2 and it works, but not thoroughly. Found that sometimes a few cards are excluded from a set, but don't know yet if that's cause of my bad programming or a problem with rarity.dat, so feedback is most welcome.
Anyway, I hope I caught Gargaroz before he releases a Happy New year update, so that he can inlude this also.
In the .rar you can find this version's code (it's clean from debug messages in filevag) and a manalinkeh.dll produced with this version of draft so that you can try it rightaway.
Attachments
draft-v23c-set_names-more_sets-clean.rar
(740.91 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Jan 2013, 15:31

I noticed that sometimes AI drafts and fills the decks with too many lands 23-25 lands in a 40 card deck is way too much even 20, 50% is much,can't you add a barrier so that AI won't put more than 17-18 lands if AI makes 1 or 2 colour deck,which are sufficient?or 20 lands if AI makes a 3 coloured deck?

I liked your idea with for the draft menus numbering the sets according to rarity.txt

EDIT AI had made a deck with 28 basic lands!
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 05 Jan 2013, 16:36

Foolosopher, I need your source files or I won't be able to add your update !
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Development