It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:53

Text Size

making new cards

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

making new cards

Postby Althuna » 08 Feb 2012, 00:38

Is there any way to make new cards if you don't know anything about programming? I don't know anything at all about programming but it would be nice if I could make some new cards.

Maybe some day there could be a card making tool that you could just enter all the details and make some basic cards?
Althuna

Re: making new cards

Postby Gargaroz » 08 Feb 2012, 02:36

You cold "make" new card if they're similar to older one or really simply.
An example : anyone can make a card like Garruk's Companion or Paladin en-Vec.
About a "tool" for making card : it could be done (if I don't remind badly, Wagic uses a sort of "internal programming language" to make new cards, and that is surely editable via a dedicated tool), but implies an heavy recoding of everything and could not be done unless we have the source code.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Althuna » 08 Feb 2012, 05:47

Cool thanks Garg. I will try to make some cards. :)
Althuna

Postby gmzombie » 08 Feb 2012, 12:46

while we are talking new tools to add cards do you know what happened to skymagic editor. i knew it didnt work anymore but does anybody know why it dosent work anymore? i tried to load it up just to see what it does and it loads the new csv fine just not magic.exe. or is the new way easier for you
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Feb 2012, 01:10

The new way is a little easier because you only need a program to edit a CSV file to do it, plus many values previosuly "mysterious" are a bit clarified now.
However, if someone could make a new editor (even in VB, I don't think handling CSV is too hard), we could use it too ;)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 09 Feb 2012, 12:52

if it is just editing the csv you know skymagic editor still reads it and whatnot. i havent tried anything else but from what i seen the only option is it willnot read magic.exe anymore.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Dave » 09 Feb 2012, 16:40

since the csv is altered in ct_all.csv i don't know how skymagic could still work. I think Gargaroz is right about a new editor.
The only thing is: making an editor to alter 100+ columns is quite a lot of work.
Dave

Return to Development