It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:45

Text Size

Creating New Cards

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Creating New Cards

Postby Sonic » 23 Mar 2012, 22:44

Hi Jatill

We’re planning a major reordering of the card set blocks in the Manalink.xls, in an attempt to limit the slot ID number shifting when adding new sets to the file. We’re hoping this will help reduce the need to update the playdeck files and simplify the draft coding after adding new sets.

I’m currently merging a set of activated cards from both Gargaroz and Orion 79 into the next update Manalink.xls and Ct_all.xls files – could I ask if you could please send me yours when you're ready.

JatillArt.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?m1tvkcrdic17zch
Some of the artwork is already included in the CardArtManalink folder from the last patch release – I’ve included the ‘Pic Nums’ in a file.

All the best... Sonic
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Gargaroz » 25 Mar 2012, 15:48

Sensei, have you perhaps sent me the code of the cards you've done ? Because I didn't receive anything.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby jatill » 26 Mar 2012, 13:24

I actually have 4 of those cards still on my to-do list, so I haven't sent the code yet. Should be coming within the next 2 days.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 26 Mar 2012, 17:24

I've posted the code and updated spreadsheets here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ms4afbn0a7h9h3k/cards.zip

Notes about the xls:
I generally just set the effect titles and coded bit. For Body Double I had to change the toughness to 1 also. Is anyone trying to keep the ai_values up to date? I hope yes, but I suspect no. For the cards I just added, I can add values if ncesessary.

Notes about the code:
At the top of the file, I have some notes about pieces of code that will need to be updated in functions.c and other modules.

Other stuff:
-Austere Command could use some better AI
-Blistering Firecat: doesn't unmorph, and Morph has haste
-Duplicant doesn't copy creature types (is that part possible?)

These cards need code in counters.c: Gemstone Mine, Calciderm, Blastoderm, Keldon Marauders, Vivid Lands, Beastbreaker

Other bugs I noticed while coding:
Flame-Kin Zealot didn't pump self when coming into play during Momir
Cursed Scroll only says 2 mana in EVENT_CAN_ACTIVATE
Echo gives creatures 1 too many turns to live
Granting something Pro: white doesn't make Equipment fall of if the equipment is white
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 29 Mar 2012, 15:14

Code inserterted (I was coding Mercadian Masques and Mirrodin, so something was already done, like Duplicant with the subtype copy working at 95%), counters & bugs fixed ;)
Thanx a lot sensei, I hope you'll code other cards too !
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Previous

Return to Development