It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:28

Text Size

Manalink Translation

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink Translation

Postby stassy » 26 Jun 2012, 18:05

Varamil wrote:About Manalink GUI, I haven't find any source file that can I study and translate.

Last thing, if I have easily card name translation it seems a big work to update Manalink : have to update both database (ct_all and Manalink) and the harder update all card picture names.
I was able to modify the text from the main screen with the file Text.res in the magic root folder, you might give a try there.

What do you mean by update all card pictures? Do you even want to translate the filename? That might be a bit excessive, else you would have to do it for the entire folder (meaning Magic.exe to Magie.exe :mrgreen: )
stassy

Postby Varamil » 26 Jun 2012, 20:59

stassy wrote:I was able to modify the text from the main screen with the file Text.res in the magic root folder, you might give a try there.
Thanks, I haven't seen this file. A big file so a lot of work ^^

stassy wrote:What do you mean by update all card pictures? Do you even want to translate the filename? That might be a bit excessive, else you would have to do it for the entire folder (meaning Magic.exe to Magie.exe
No, I don't want particularly to translate file names, but I've seen if you change the card name into Manalink.csv (and ct_all.csv), the game doesn't find card picture(s) any more. You can correct that changing picture file name to the new name in database (I've tried with Forest). That why it's a big big work.

Otherwise, I've made a new update of my app.
v1.2 :
+ Gatherer library added (using Gatherer Downloader 1.5 and "Excel CSV Tab delimited" file export)
+ Options exported into Config.xml
+ FML pre-cleaning not needed no more
+ Bug correction

v1.1 :
+ GUI update : more understandable
+ Can use FML library
+ Bug correction

v1.0 :
+ First release
About files into zip file :
  • Main app with a new config file. This last file is not needed but useful if you want to change anything ;
  • "Patch using Gatherer db" : contains GathererDownloaded app that can download translated database from Gatherer website. See ReadMe for more information. An example of database is also in the folder. I'll post later databases and maybe translated Manalink.
  • "Patch using FML db" folder : contains two files. The first one is the FML database. The second one is generic words patch file for card types.
  • "Patch using Generic Words only" folder : contains the generic words patch file which can be use for a complete and automatic translation. The result start to be good, but for the moment it's more Frenglish than French or English.
For the moment the Gatherer database method is the recommended one, because the best result for the moment.
Attachments
Magic_CardTranslation_v1.2.zip
App v1.2 + patch example
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 375 times
Varamil

Postby Varamil » 28 Jun 2012, 19:33

I've detected a bug into last app version because I switch involuntary two functions. I'll correct that into the next version. In this future version there will be also new content to patch Manalink resource file (Text.res).

About card translation, I'm downloading French version from Gatherer. I will update database when I finish to complete it.
Varamil

Postby Varamil » 04 Jul 2012, 11:36

Stassy, how do you translate that in French :
%s life points (opponent is Lich'd)
Your life points (you are Lich'd)
I don't know how I should understand Lich'd, it's a name or that mean your life is pump out (like a leech) ?
Thanks
Varamil

Postby stassy » 04 Jul 2012, 12:08

Hum where did you see this line? I don't remember seeing it ingame

Edit: Ok found it, it's the overhead mouse tool tip when you point it to the lich face when you are...Lich'd :mrgreen:

"Vous êtes une liche"
"Vous êtes sous la forme d'une liche"
etc...
stassy

Postby Varamil » 10 Jul 2012, 16:28

Ok, when does this happen ? You can be changed in a Lich (with a card) ?

Otherwise I've think that a translation can be "Vous êtes vampirisé", thinking that Lich'd mean "Liched", and so the phrase is passive and happen when you loose X life each turn.

Edit : a good thing that you have card description on forum when you type the name of a card ^^ So a "Lich" card exist and you become a Lich when is in game. So I'll translate it like you say.

Thanks
Varamil

Previous

Return to Development