It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:03

Text Size

Idea - Collaborative card coding server

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Idea - Collaborative card coding server

Postby decker » 27 Oct 2012, 07:42

Hello,
So I know a bit of programming, but I have no idea how to extract and recompile the files needed for Manalink to show me the existing cards or load new ones. Each time I try to read information about this on the forum, I always wonder is what I'm reading up to date ?

I was wondering : does someone here have the skill, the will and the time to create a collaborative server to :

+Host all the cards with their code and with code version tracking
+Have an interface to create code for new cards and add new beta versions of bugged cards
+Have a Manalink rebuilder which would use the cards on the server and would either load only validated cards or also beta testing versions of the cards.

I'm know this is a lot of work but I'm just saying, if some one gave me a link saying :

+In this web site is the list of all the cards
+If you want to code some, you can browse the code of the others, make a few copy and pastes and adjustmens
+When that is done click on this generate beta tool to be able to use your card
+Test that it is works and if it does tag it as validated

I'd probably be coding and other people too, I believe.
What kept me from seriously trying was the 2k limt, but since it has been partially busted... I can make vanilla and color shifted cards pretty easily that could be kept in the game !

PS : I did not talk about artwork steps

Tell me I have a bad idea ! Last time I had one, jatill ended up making tones of useful tools, so here I go again !

By the way thanks again jatill and all the others working on tools, rewriting and card coding !
decker

Re: Idea - Collaborative card coding server

Postby gmzombie » 28 Oct 2012, 17:32

sounds like a cool as hell idea..wish i could help but i dont have coding experience just hacking lol
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby stassy » 29 Oct 2012, 06:54

Well, the idea of a SVN was discussed some times ago but most coders were coding during their free time and now only a few of them are active on ML3 so this server idea was abandoned.

To resume the current ML3 coding state we have:
- Gargaroz as main card coder, Orion79 can do vanilla and basic ability cards
- Sonic as card art maker
- foolosopher on draft development
- Aswan jaguar on csv data check and with me on bugs validation
- CirothUngol on data archives and PDA development

Also, any dev post past ML3 release are still valid, as there were no new core architecture change since then.
Most of the coding is in the src and srcmok folder of ML3 or any archives/patch past ML3 original release (the most recent release is M13V3) and code used is currently C and previously ASM. Some compiling tools are also in there as well as some documented c files (mostly commented lines).
stassy

Postby decker » 29 Oct 2012, 13:27

Okay, if I manage to produce anything I'll make a post !
decker

Return to Development