It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:40

Text Size

Need Help Installing Development Environment

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Need Help Installing Development Environment

Postby decker » 28 Oct 2012, 09:00

Hello,
So since I did not get any comments on my collaborative server idea, and since I have none of the skills to either evaluate how hard it is to setup (not mentioning doing it myself), I've decided to try to code a card.

I'm starting simple : Serendib Sorcerer
As this is a planeshifted Sorceress Queen I understand that it's a level 0 card (edit : well level 1) so I'm not getting carried away (edit : or am I) !

So I look in the Wiki section about new and old tutorials for Manalink 2 (edit : what about 3 ?). So I read the starting sections and face pretty tough obstacles.

1) Can't find Skymagic, and even read on some posts that the CSV files with extra columns used in Manalink 3 (if I get this right), prevent its use...

2) I download Camelbox and install it, but can't find in all the Manalink 3 folders I've downloaded a src directory. Furthermore I can't find the CSV that would seem to contain the cards...

In other words need HELP getting started.
Thanks

PS : I have a 4 day week end starting Thursday with no big plans and would hope to code cards ! I have win 7 64b, but I know how to install the WinXp virtual machine. I did some coding a few years back learning C and Perl, now I do mainly scripts using variables, functions and ifs... so I have hopes I can help.
decker

Re: Need Help Installing Development Environment

Postby gmzombie » 28 Oct 2012, 17:41

skymagic no longer works if i recall since it depended on soemthing with the 2k limit. i would talk to gargaroz and jatill as im sure garg has an up to date csv file. the game no longer requires it to run so it was removed for space i believe.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby decker » 29 Oct 2012, 13:26

okay I found the src folder in the ML3 v3 patch, I missed it because I used a full version, which didn't include it...

I'll see if I can do things with the tutorials tonight !

Thanks
decker

Postby decker » 29 Oct 2012, 22:58

So I spend time this evening trying to code a card : Kabuto Moth

Problems
1) Hard to find c code giving an example of the card's abilities :?
Found Leonin Battlemage in the end, but have no idea if it'll fly by itself, as I didn't find code examples for flying.

Added this in the champions_of_kamigawa.c in C:\camelbox\bin\cards

int card_kabuto_moth(int player, int card, event_t event){

return vanilla_creature_pumper(player, card, event, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3, 1, 2, 0, 0);
}

2) Launched perl build kabuto_moth and it gave me 200789d, but I didn't understand where I need to use that...

3) Tried to find the right Manalink.csv to say "moth coded !", then launch csv2dll.dat. The ones in /magic_updater seemed nice, so I used them, and then I copied the files they generated into Manalink3.

4) Made a jpg for the art.

GOOD
So now I can see the art in the deck builder
A deck using the moth can be selected to Duel

BAD
If the Moth is in the deck, the deck doesn't work : it has only 17 cards (instead of 60), even though there were only 3 moths ...

What did I miss any ideas ?
decker

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Oct 2012, 17:36

Decker I don't know about coding but the code address that you were given 200789d has to go to the code address slot in ct_all.exe if I am not wrong.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby decker » 30 Oct 2012, 20:19

Thanks Aswan jaguar, I just couldn't remember where I had seen that column, so many files !

So I created a line in the ct_all.csv and launching the camelbox/bin/deploy.bat and the /Magic_updater/Magic_updater.bat (in several orders), in the end it worked !

I had to check Manalink.csv and ct_all.csv, based on Angelic Page and Ghost Warden. In any case I'm not totally sure that I didn't get one of the obscure columns wrong from one of the two CSVs...

I managed to use the Kabuto Moth, in a deck but the deck makes the AI go in infinite loop when I believe it wants to play Devouring Greed.

Thanks again,
PS : I'll have to see how to send the cards, once I make a few more !
decker

Return to Development