It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:47

Text Size

Alternate Playdeck Set - Categorised, version 1 - Old Decks

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Alternate Playdeck Set - Categorised, version 1 - Old Decks

Postby Wally » 29 Dec 2023, 06:47

This is an alternate Playdeck folder, designed to be more easily navigable. If it is of interest to you DONT use it with your existing folder as you will both get many duplicates and defeat its purpose. Its either/or!

I got tired in gauntlet of seeing modern decks paired up against decks with only ancient cards so I wanted to be able to easily see what I am facing and match by approximate era. I have categorised and prefixed all decks so the YEAR and FORMAT can be quickly seen. This first version is old cards only (< 1999), I may later extend to later decks. This first version contains 1187 decks.

By YEAR I mean the earliest year this deck could have been played based on the cards within it. Eg if a deck has its most recent cards from Mirage, which came out in 1996, I have assigned that deck to 1996. This lets you quickly see the 'era' of a deck.

FORMAT is indicated with a prefix

E - Extended (Now defunct)
S - Standard
V - Vintage
OS - Old School, could be but not necessarily the current OS format but decks with purely old cards, from the dark ages before formats existed or where the format wasn't clear.
C - Casual - this is very subjective and personal and for now I have purely used it for decks containing the Microprose cards (Aswan Jaguar and co), so if it has any of them its marked as C

I havent used them yet but if I do a second version I will also use the following prefixes:

L - Legacy
M - Modern
PR - Pre-Modern
PI - Pioneer
(Blocks - IA Ice Age, MI Mirage, TE Tempest, UZ Urzas, IN Invasion, OD Odyssey, ON Onslaught, MD Mirrodon etc)

Put together this gives decks with names like S-1996-deckname or OS-1994-deckname. You can use this as is or quickly remove entire formats or years based on these prefixes.

The decks themselves come from various sources, the current Playdeck set, other posters previous posts etc. Most were pre-existing and I have simply renamed with year/prefix. Otehrs I have created from the old Dojo, ancient copies of the Duellist, web postings and so on. Where necessary I have slightly truncated an existing deck name to fit in the prefix/year, otherwise I haven't edited decks, they are as good or as lame as the original deck was. From power level the decks vary from many tournament winning decks to very feeble decks from the original version of Manalink.
Attachments
PlayDeck.zip
(592.56 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Wally

Re: Alternate Playdeck Set - Categorised, version 1 - Old De

Postby Manolis13Ak » 29 Dec 2023, 08:42

Many many thanx and greatly appreciated curated Decklist!! I'll add them asap, know your work is greatly appreciated!! Hopwfully I'll get to share some of my decks too,soon, they're though most of em huge 100+ cards deck, just the way I love em :D :D :D

Again, endless thanx for sharing the curated collection of decks!! :D
Manolis13Ak

Re: Alternate Playdeck Set - Categorised, version 1 - Old De

Postby travolter » 29 Dec 2023, 23:13

@Wally

Fantastic wally!!! great collection!!! I love your selection since it contains decks until 1999... very close to the years when I left real cards cause lack of interest in the new artwork (for my taste visions was the last expansion that I really loved cause the art).

Ill spend next days checking your decks!! ;)
Thank you pal!!

edit.- Im proud to see my decks in your collection (kakhen´s ones) :)
travolter

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges