It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:51

Text Size

Beginner's decks

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Beginner's decks

Postby BorgMan » 10 Oct 2018, 09:44

Hey guys,

I've resorted to using Manalink to teach my girlfriend a bit of Magic, without having to buy a lot of stuff first with the slight possibility that she doesn't like the game. Actually, I already have two decks, but they're way too complicated to be a usable teaching tool (think Vehicles and Planeswalkers). Problem is, while scouring beginner's decklist (mainly Ninth edition), I noticed that some cards required can't be found in the deck editor. For example, Treetop Bracers, Natural Spring, Ballista Squad, Mending Hands, Kavu Climber and Aven Windreader all aren't in. Of course I'm curious as to why they are missing, but that's for another time.

Does someone have good, balanced introduction decks lying around? I'd've made them myself but I always devolve back into making some insane combo machine xD

I'm running the last publicly available install of Manalink 3.
BorgMan

Re: Beginner's decks

Postby Gantry » 27 Apr 2022, 00:55

My apologies for bumping this old thread.

I built some physical 10th Edition decks a while back and decided to try putting them in the Deck Builder for Manalink to test them. One of my cards, Natural Spring, is not available in the builder of Proverbs, Myths & Fairy Tales v1.1.

I did a text search of the directory and there are references to Natural Spring in Magic.exe, Cards.dat, and cardc.dat files with the correct description of the card. Did someone just miss adding it to the full list, or am I doing something incorrectly?
Gantry

Postby Aswan jaguar » 27 Apr 2022, 05:41

All cards have not been coded even very old and easy ones. Natural Spring however is on the last update we have released on December. Remember the last update is always one of the two first two topics on Manalink3.0/Patches subforum:
viewforum.php?f=85
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gantry » 27 Apr 2022, 23:02

My mistake. I thought 'Proverbs, Myths & Fairy Tales v1.1' was the latest version. Making a copy of the directory to put in the December patch. Thanks! :D
Gantry

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges