It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:00

Text Size

im new to Manalink-- some questions about 2 vs 3 and decks

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

im new to Manalink-- some questions about 2 vs 3 and decks

Postby shoofish » 18 Nov 2018, 09:56

hi... i guess a lot of people moved to manalink 3... i just downloaded and installed manalink 2... i guess at moment i have 3 questions---

1) what are the main differences between manalink 2 and 3...? i chose manalink 2 because the intro to manalink 3 says it is less stable than 2...

2) How do i add... decks to manalink 2? I tried downloading a basic deck and added the 0-Affinity.dck file to the /Playdeck folder--- but the deck is not showing up in the dropdown menu for random duel...? How do i add the new decks to the list of decks to choose from in Duel?

3) What is the "Challenge Mode"? I read that it should show up as an option in the "Gauntlet" or Duel option, but i tried choosing them and there is no checkbox for any challenge mode.... was Challenge Mode in the original 1997 game? or was it added by the modders..?
shoofish

Re: im new to Manalink-- some questions about 2 vs 3 and dec

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Nov 2018, 11:39

shoofish wrote:1) what are the main differences between manalink 2 and 3...? i chose manalink 2 because the intro to manalink 3 says it is less stable than 2...
Manalink 2 of course is older and has a limit of 2000 cards that is the reason you may find 3 manalink.exe one for custom one for limited and one for the golden years mod. Manalink 3 has a limit 16000+ cards and has all the above + a lot,lot more cards and improvements, gui enhancements. Some Manalink. 3 updates are quite stable and others not so much. If not for 1 vs 1 internet play which in early manalink. 2 versions was playable there is not a reason not to upgrade to Manalink.3.
Available manalink.3.0 update:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=20920
shoofish wrote:2) How do i add... decks to manalink 2? I tried downloading a basic deck and added the 0-Affinity.dck file to the /Playdeck folder--- but the deck is not showing up in the dropdown menu for random duel...? How do i add the new decks to the list of decks to choose from in Duel?
Maybe Manalink 2 is missing some cards and can't load it or you just need to refresh/reload main page to show your deck if you were already there when you put the deck in the file.
shoofish wrote:3) What is the "Challenge Mode"? I read that it should show up as an option in the "Gauntlet" or Duel option, but i tried choosing them and there is no checkbox for any challenge mode.... was Challenge Mode in the original 1997 game? or was it added by the modders..?
Gauntlet is in gauntlet under gauntlet difficulty. Check the box. Unless you got a manalink 2.0 version that is so old that doesn't have it.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges