It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:28

Text Size

Well they finally completely broke oath!

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Well they finally completely broke oath!

Postby monopoman » 28 Mar 2010, 07:51

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3816/emrakul.jpg

This guy is plain ridiculous with Oath while you won't get a turn you will still get a creature that has trouble being destroyed, flys has protection from all colors and destroys 6 permanents when he hits an opponent.

We should really put this guy in the game he would dominate so many match ups lol.
monopoman

Re: Well they finally completely broke oath!

Postby aww1979 » 28 Mar 2010, 15:41

TINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aww1979
Tester

Postby Final Fortune » 28 Mar 2010, 16:50

aww1979 wrote:TINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it's not an artifact creature. It's only colorless!
Want all, lose all.
Final Fortune

Postby Salbei » 28 Mar 2010, 16:53

well so it is Hypergenesis,Sneak Attack,Show and Tell,Random Re-animation spell ... you name it ^^
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 28 Mar 2010, 20:55

Hmm, didn't notice that it wasn't actually an artifact creature. Okay, then go with Oath/Forbidden Orchard or something.

The funny thing is, if it weren't for the annihilator ability, that card would actually be reasonably fair. With that, you can get a second or third turn soft lock, and with a 15/15, or even some of the 'smaller' eldrazi that are 8/8 with annihilate 3 or whatever, you don't need to keep it out very long to win.

I've got a feeling cards like Diabolic Edict and Balance are going to be even more popular than they are now as removal. How else are you going to kill that thing? Even something like Maze of Ith that can target it won't survive more than about two turns due to annihilator. And annihilator SIX??? WTF? I mean, even two or three would be incredible on a card.

I don't know how much of an impact these eldrazi are going to make in standard, because I'm not sure if there is much to cheat them into play there, but in vintage they will likely be a lot more popular, and also fortunately vintage is powerful enough to have answers even to a monster like this.
aww1979
Tester

Postby monopoman » 29 Mar 2010, 07:04

Pretty sure you can only reanimate him with instant reanimation spells his last line of text prevents most reanimation spells from hitting him.
monopoman

Postby Enchanteur » 29 Mar 2010, 08:58

It don't have haste.
It's just a stupid sleeping god.. :lol: :lol:
Enchanteur

Postby 0rion79 » 29 Mar 2010, 09:14

It is a freaking slow card, but it is also very cool. Nothing to say about that. With Progenitus and Child of Alara, it would be a fair challenge, lol!
Anyway, a Final Judjment and it is no longer a trouble... but also true that there are a lot of cards that allow players to cast big creature spells withiout paying their casting cost, as Elvish Piper.
0rion79

Postby barrenwaste » 02 Apr 2010, 11:09

I agree, that card is badly overpowered. In fact, it's absurdly powerful. That said, Speedy Hordes and Mill Control decks should counter this fellow fairly easily. It's worthless if it never hits the table. I hate to see this sort of trend, though. Each new set comes out with ever more powerful cards, rather than just introducing new abilities and rule-sets. I can understand keeping the game new and exciting, but this is rediculous.
barrenwaste

Postby juzamjedi » 05 Apr 2010, 17:43

He's actually really good against Mill because he will shuffle the graveyard into the library ;)

He is also at his best when you can cheat-cast him. Windbrisk Heights or the other hideaway lands are also a cute way to cast these Eldrazi for cheap. I take no credit for this next idea (it was suggested by Doug Linn), but Jhoira of the Ghitu is absurd with any of the Eldrazi.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby barrenwaste » 06 Apr 2010, 02:09

Bribery

Or any card that lets you search the opponents deck, really. Search the deck and remove it, place it on top of the deck, or take it. Easiest to just have a four turn deck, though.
barrenwaste

Postby scherbchen » 06 Apr 2010, 03:13

well, I believe the OP was talking about breaking Oath of Druids. which, and I am not trying to be snarky here, is redundant.
scherbchen

Postby barrenwaste » 06 Apr 2010, 09:50

Hmm, second turn. Yeah, that really does make it just a tad over the top. Ok, blue white deck. Counterspell, enchantment killers, Final Judgement, Magical Hack, Karma. Throw in some life gain and/or walls and watch the opponents frustration mount.
barrenwaste

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges