It is currently 05 May 2024, 07:19

Text Size

Generic Challenges

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Generic Challenges

Postby Broolex » 07 Apr 2010, 12:30

Hi !

First of all, I want to congratulate and say thanks to every one who develops this amazing game.

But I have a sugestion:
There are some players (me included) that just can't beat a challenge. This is special rough for the specific ones.
My problem, for example, is beating Gimme!. Since Sower of Temptation is the card that I most want to unlock, I thought that some generic challenges could be created where you could choose wich deck use and wich card unlock. Is that possible? What do you guys think of it?

Again: I'm NOT criticizing the challenges or complaining about the game. It's absolutely amazing and I really think that the challenges are great. This is just an idea that I think some not-that-skilled players may apreciate.

Thanks again for this awesome game! =D> =D> =D>

PS: Or maybe you guys could suggest me a good decklist to beat Gimme! I'm being crazy about it! 8)
Broolex

Re: Generic Challenges

Postby Salbei » 07 Apr 2010, 15:14

gimme challenge
Code: Select all
.44   4   Control Magic
.1341   4   Treachery
.126   32   Island
.630   4   Vedalken Shackles
.1053   4   Rite Of Replication
.627   4   Threads of Disloyalty
.805   1   Altar of Dementia
.330   2   Scroll Rack
.985   4   Bribery
.653   1   Darksteel Colossus
try this list. unless you run into that black vise/winter orb/howling mine/burn deck you should be fine.
Darksteel Colossus is just there to speed up the mirror match that happens quite often.Bribery it and thats pretty much it.Never actually had to cast it.
I suggest to replace the DC with something else (Morphling should be alright) to speed things up.

Very consistant list, never had to take a mulligan and only lost to the howling/vise/burn deck (creatureless).With morphling you should have a chance against it though.Sliver list can be tough too , got Shackles/Altar early that game ,its pretty easy then.

Altar of Dementia is in for the rare case the AI casting Worship or sometimes to get rid of Gaddok Teek / Lord of Atlantis / that elf that is giving other elves shroud (forgot the name).

cards i left out but could be used for the challenge:
Twincast - dead card 99% of the time.
Confiscate - too expensive.only good against worship , but you can play around that with Shackles.
Clone - just don´t like it. the Rite of Replication is better.would cut it aswell but was already at 30+ islands^^
That gold copy card with retrace - too expensive.

hint:
its not always good to take the AIs biggest creature. sometimes its better to take the small ones and block with them.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 07 Apr 2010, 19:23

Sarkhan Vol and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker are also 'gimme' cards. (their -2 abilities) If memory serves, I had Sarkhan Vol in my gimme deck and won a lot of games with the dragons :p The colours make it awkward with the more obvious choice of blue, but I think you can use alpha duals, at least.
aww1979
Tester

Postby monopoman » 08 Apr 2010, 04:57

This challenge is extremely luck based some decks this deck just can't beat.

Burn is an auto-lose
etc..

So you have to keep retrying some decks are much easier to beat. But DEFINITLY use those planes walkers that way you have a shot against decks that have no creatures to steal.

Vedalken Shackles are also insane in these challenges just keep stealing with them then chump blocking with their guys.
monopoman

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges