It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:38

Text Size

An easier way to unlock the reward cards

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

An easier way to unlock the reward cards

Postby philolog65 » 08 Jun 2010, 18:06

I have to say that I didn't expect such a thoroughly designed challenge mode. The idea is great, but my problem is that I need some locked cards like Goblin Charbelcher and Street Wraith to reproduce my real life Charbelcher deck and the challenges seem too tough for me. Is there an easier way to unlock the reward cards? Or at least, can anyone please share their savegame file or so? :oops: Thanks in advance. :)
philolog65

Re: An easier way to unlock the reward cards

Postby Cognis » 08 Jun 2010, 19:13

Check for decks that won the specific challenges and play with them, that's the way I unlocked most of my cards, that's the easiest way I know.
Cognis
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 08 Jun 2010, 20:11

Many challenges can be beaten with at least one of dredge, oath, or tendrils fairly easily. Also, one thing that took me awhile to get into my own head was to design decks that specifically targeted a particular challenge. For instance, against Tribal Trials, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale will own everything the AI gets in play free if you are on the play first. I ended up using that card comboed with Winter Orb and Propaganda and pwned that challenge.
aww1979
Tester

Postby philolog65 » 09 Jun 2010, 05:59

Thank you, maybe I'm being too impatient, I'll have to try playing fair. :)
philolog65

Postby aww1979 » 09 Jun 2010, 06:37

Some of the challenges are easier than others; perhaps look for the ones that look easier and do them first. It'll build your confidence, as well as give you new cards that might help you beat later ones.
aww1979
Tester

Postby discoransom » 09 Jun 2010, 07:31

It's kind of a long road. I was upset about some of the challenges, but in hindsight I'm glad for them...of course I still have some to finish...
discoransom

Postby Cognis » 09 Jun 2010, 13:54

Yeah, dredge rules, after playing a few times with it you can just glide through a lot of challenges; just don't try the onslaught challenge first, it will seriously depress you, it took me months of playing and in the end I won when I started the challenge with a charbelcher deck out of boredom and couldn't believe I've won, sometimes you just get lucky, for instance I won the challenge where all cmc has to be >3 with a jund deck that I didn't even want to play. Master Warlock is a fun challenge so you might try that one first, it's not overly hard as I remember.
Cognis
Tester

Postby mzepol » 13 Jun 2010, 05:42

Can you use your custom-made decks in challenge mode? I keep on encountering the problem of losing the game before it even starts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
mzepol

Postby discoransom » 13 Jun 2010, 06:21

mzepol wrote:Can you use your custom-made decks in challenge mode? I keep on encountering the problem of losing the game before it even starts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Since many of the challenges have specific rules, it's probably because your deck is "illegal" for that challenge. If you go to the wiki you'll find specifics. Also all decks have to be Vintage or Legacy legal- you can find banned/restricted lists for each format with a quick google. For example the first challenge set can be played with any legal deck, while in the later challenge sets, many have specific deck building rules.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Challenge_Mode

Also, if you end up needing some ideas, look under Decks and Strategy (this sub-forum) you'll find deck lists that people have used to beat the challenges.
discoransom

Postby mzepol » 13 Jun 2010, 06:36

discoransom wrote:
mzepol wrote:Can you use your custom-made decks in challenge mode? I keep on encountering the problem of losing the game before it even starts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Since many of the challenges have specific rules, it's probably because your deck is "illegal" for that challenge. If you go to the wiki you'll find specifics. Also all decks have to be Vintage or Legacy legal- you can find banned/restricted lists for each format with a quick google. For example the first challenge set can be played with any legal deck, while in the later challenge sets, many have specific deck building rules.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Challenge_Mode

Also, if you end up needing some ideas, look under Decks and Strategy (this sub-forum) you'll find deck lists that people have used to beat the challenges.
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
mzepol

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges