It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:29

Text Size

Rate a beginner's deck

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Rate a beginner's deck

Postby aww1979 » 07 Jul 2010, 23:11

If you want mass removal, I'd definitely go with Nevinyrral's Disk in this sort of deck over Chain Reaction or Pyroclasm or Volcanic Fallout. Chain Reaction is rather unreliable (and frankly, I think it sucks :p) and Pyroclasm and Volcanic Fallout only kill small creatures (like your goblins!) and you shouldn't have much trouble in the early game with this deck, anyway; it's the big monstrosities like Baneslayer Angel or Terra Stomper that are going to wreck your day. Disk can also get rid of enchantments (which red cannot do at all normally) and artifacts (thus you can probably remove Pillage), plus you have no enchantments and only 4 artifacts.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Cognis » 07 Jul 2010, 23:16

Or one of my favourite uncoded cards - Decree of Annihilation :D but yes, disk would probably be the best option
Cognis
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 07 Jul 2010, 23:47

We do have Obliterate and Jokulhaups coded, which are similar to Decree of Annihilation, but I'd still go with the Disk.
aww1979
Tester

Postby randomguy » 08 Jul 2010, 12:35

I'll definitely think about adding Fireblast. I added Volcanic Fallout for another deck that pretty much only has elementals in it. Working on a blue deck now without any creatures or direct damage spells, it's shaping up to be interesting, even though it only works against certain decks. Bribery, Control Magic and Rite of Replication are the keys. Anything better for cheaper that I missed?

Edit: Whoops, missed the second page, I agree that Nevinyrral's Disk seems a great choice for my two red decks.
randomguy

Postby juzamjedi » 08 Jul 2010, 14:52

For many red decks the best approach is the Philosophy of Fire and I suggest you read that article if you're not familiar with the concept.

I will suggest... playing 0 sweepers. Rather than spending 5 mana over 2 turns to blow things up, I will suggest you just try to kill the opponent faster instead. If they're dead it doesn't matter how many cards they have.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 08 Jul 2010, 19:12

randomguy wrote:Bribery, Control Magic and Rite of Replication are the keys. Anything better for cheaper that I missed?
Threads of Disloyalty and Vedalken Shackles are I think the lowest cost options. There's several more theft type cards in blue, but most of them cost a lot more mana than those two. I don't really like Threads due to its restriction, but the shackles are pretty sweet, and their restriction isn't much of one in a blue deck.
aww1979
Tester

Postby thedrigo » 09 Jul 2010, 08:28

I hadn't thought about the Disk, but it's definitely a good idea.
thedrigo

Previous

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges