It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:26

Text Size

any way to unlock annoying challenge cards???

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: any way to unlock annoying challange cards???

Postby stuffdogg » 16 Jul 2010, 03:59

whaaa drigo, it was just a suggestion. I know you people put a lot of time into it but you dont have to be arrogant and rude about people's opinions or suggestions. :) Just curious... did you help create the challenges?
stuffdogg

Re: any way to unlock annoying challenge cards???

Postby aww1979 » 16 Jul 2010, 05:14

I think jatill was the only one who coded for the challenges, but he took suggestions from many people. I'm happy with the current state of challenge mode, though I still hate Land Ho, lol. That one is freaking impossible; the only reason I have it unlocked is because I 'beat' it when Dark Depths was bugged to come into play with 0 counters! I beat all the other ones legitimately, though, so it's definitely possible, and I know at least two people beat Land Ho legitimately, and that was before we got some of the fancy lands we have now.
aww1979
Tester

Postby thedrigo » 16 Jul 2010, 05:38

stuffdogg wrote:whaaa drigo, it was just a suggestion. I know you people put a lot of time into it but you dont have to be arrogant and rude about people's opinions or suggestions. :) Just curious... did you help create the challenges?
I did not. But then again, I didn't cheat to unlock them either... I'm not trying to insult you, man, but I think it's a slap on Jatill's face for you to go and to pull that sh*t after he's worked so damn hard on HIS spare time to make this game as awesome as it is for the rest of us here.

You're not the only one with a job or things to do in his free time. I'm sure most of us -if not all of us- here have jobs and sh*t to do as well, but the fact that there IS such a thing as Challenge Mode and unlockable cards is a gift, not something to whine about.

Just my two cents.
thedrigo

Postby ProphetSword » 16 Jul 2010, 19:23

I don't see what the big deal is. If some of us want to unlock the cards in this way, that's our business. It's not a slap in anyone's face. It's not like we don't appreciate the work that went into coding those cards in the first place.

As someone who programs games myself, I'm frequently faced with cases where people do things I didn't intend. Sometimes, they do this for their own enjoyment. They don't hurt me in any way, so why does it matter? I'm just happy someone enjoyed something I did. That's all I can ask for, since I don't get paid to do it.

Besides, if all code was sacred, we wouldn't be playing with *any* new cards, would we?
ProphetSword

Postby MindlessZero » 18 Jul 2010, 18:54

It can be kinda annoying for some players to unlock cards from challenges (like me) because game tends to crash on later rounds. I like to play few quick games and I love building decks. Challenge mode is cool too, but crashes makes it unplayable for me. Sure there is chance that I have done something wrong when installing, but it would be cool to have another way to unlock cards.

Just my 2 cents and I totally respect people who code cards and features in to the game on such old game, keep up the good work.
MindlessZero

Postby jatill » 19 Jul 2010, 17:06

stuffdogg wrote:Don't get me wrong I like the ideal of the challenges its just not very fun to me having to win 11 in a row. 2-5 games a night and I'm done! time for bed. LOL

Just a thought or my opinion, suggestion whatever... why not make some of the challenges well, more challenging and less time consuming? Win ONE time against a very strong deck with a very limited deck kind of thing.
Perhaps you'll like the next challenge, then. There is absolutely no luck involved, and can be beaten in 15 minutes.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 19 Jul 2010, 18:28

Next challenge? *ears perk up*
aww1979
Tester

Postby jatill » 19 Jul 2010, 18:49

aww1979 wrote:Next challenge? *ears perk up*
Yeah, check out the strategy thread for details
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby stuffdogg » 21 Jul 2010, 02:12

jatill wrote:
Perhaps you'll like the next challenge, then. There is absolutely no luck involved, and can be beaten in 15 minutes.
Sounds cool, thanks! I'll check it out! I do like a little element of luck though. You sure no luck is involved? Isn't luck hard-coded in the game of mtg? lol
stuffdogg

Postby stassy » 21 Jul 2010, 04:34

The jatill next challenge is pure situation deck problem and challenge you on how much you know all the MTG cards AND those which are coded in ML2 (kinda like the quizz from Shandalar, like how much mana cost Black Knight, but much more vicious)
stassy

Previous

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges