It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:18

Text Size

I think the challenges need an "easy mode".

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: I think the challenges need an "easy mode".

Postby jatill » 17 Oct 2010, 13:45

Are you using a tournament version? Challenges can't be unlocked in those. Also, are you letting the 1st turn of the 11th round finish?
The final thing to try would be to close and re-open manalink whenever you start a challenge.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby doctormac » 17 Oct 2010, 16:30

I got Mok's 2.0 from the installation Wiki, and ran the 20101001.zip update on it. Is that a tournament version? I also installed CirothUngol's 20100109 installer, which I haven't yet updated. I haven't tried playing the challenges from the 20100109 version yet, I just installed that today.

Thanks for your help.
-Rob
doctormac

Postby juzamjedi » 17 Oct 2010, 17:43

Broolex wrote:Well, I still hadn't beated gimme!
It is impossible to win against creatureless Mono Red with a deck that only controls other players creatures...

But Manalink is a great game and Jatill is doing a excellent work, so I have to be ok with the fact that my Faeries won't have Sower of Temptation in the near future!
:)
You are allowed to use 4 cards that do not steal permanents. Be sure to check out the Wiki for challenge mode rule details. The mono-red matchup can be hard, but I promise you that it can be beaten with a Gimme deck. I actually just defeated this challenge today and mono-red was one of the opponents in my gauntlet.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby jatill » 18 Oct 2010, 12:42

doctormac wrote:I got Mok's 2.0 from the installation Wiki, and ran the 20101001.zip update on it. Is that a tournament version? I also installed CirothUngol's 20100109 installer, which I haven't yet updated. I haven't tried playing the challenges from the 20100109 version yet, I just installed that today.

Thanks for your help.
-Rob
The version on the wiki is always the right version, so you should be good on that front.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby CirothUngol » 19 Oct 2010, 12:20

Yea, the challenges are a real bitch!
I've actually won a couple(using Salbei's decks), but it 'taint easy. The pre-assembled 20100109 version is for people who can't get an update running (non-WinXP OS, etc.) and for those who wish to play Duels and Gauntlet with old decks (as it's just about the last version before the ousting of old/standard cards to make room for new inclusions). If Challenge is yer thing, use the latest update and save the pre-assembled version for Old-Skool Gauntleters... like me!
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Previous

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges