It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:55

Text Size

old duels of the planeswalkers decks

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

old duels of the planeswalkers decks

Postby bla » 12 Dec 2010, 16:07

With the addition of new cards old ones are left out and this creates some mismatches in the old dotp decks.
I know some of these decks are old and not very competitive but it would be nice to have functional decks.
Maybe we can use this topic to suggest replacements for mismatches.

The Revamped decks, for example has a combo of Blaze of Glory, Siren's Call, Righteousness, Nettling Imp and Sengir Vampire. Blaze of Glory is missing. Any suggestions?
It doesn't seem to have a proper replacement but maybe something that benefits from the combo?

By the way, the Crag Hydra deck featured Power Surge. Is there a card that brings back mana burn and combines it with its ability?
bla

Re: old duels of the planeswalkers decks

Postby 0rion79 » 12 Dec 2010, 17:46

By the way, I've totally deleted all of them. I've more than 400 decks made by myself and there is really no need of those uncompetitive and unbalanced time-wasters.
If you want, you may still edit them by yourself. Good luck!!
0rion79

Re: old duels of the planeswalkers decks

Postby bla » 18 Dec 2010, 16:29

After entertaining the though for a while and trying to fix a couple of decks I soon gave up.
Besides being a huge task most of the decks would have to be modified in a way that the basic mechanic/strategy would inevitably change, so it's easier to build decks from the ground up.

I'll just have to be carefull as some more intricate strategies are overlooked by the AI and most new decks will be used in vs. AI matches.
At any rate I think the worst part are tutored decks, because apart from that the AI will be able to use most decks efficiently enough.

If anybody knows of cards the AI doesn't use so well let me know.
bla

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges