It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:50

Text Size

Challenges

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Challenges

Postby frankzappa » 10 Jan 2011, 19:37

Heh cool, could you maybe let us know what decks you use? :D

"That's Big" has been busting me because I can regularly blast through several matches and but I always inevitably get steamrolled by one of the very fast decks. Merfolk backed up by counters, or the relentless rats or the red nuke deck or something. It's so luck based because sometimes I get a "Moat" out and it ends the rats deck. Or sometimes he plays a huge bunch of merfolk and then I Damnation them all or something. But sometimes one of the very fast decks takes me down just before I can do anything, and it only has to happen once! It's pretty nasty. I usually win once I have 4 lands, but the decks that rush me on turn 3 are a problem.

They are geniusly made by the way. So cool. I wonder if you were maybe a bit TOO clever with them though lol.
frankzappa

Postby Cognis » 10 Jan 2011, 20:02

I really don't remember what deck I used for this challenge but I think Eureka was a key component.
Cognis
Tester

Postby frankzappa » 10 Jan 2011, 21:44

Cognis wrote:I really don't remember what deck I used for this challenge but I think Eureka was a key component.
Nice :) I bet that would work great with Emrakul. I think my biggest problem is just surviving the first 4 turns for every game. I keep getting one lucky opponent who gets me on turn 3 or so.
frankzappa

Postby Cognis » 10 Jan 2011, 22:16

Try finishing Pit Fighting and Enchanted Evening first. Pit Fighting will give you a Pit Scorpion at the beginning of the match while Enchanted Evening makes your enchantments indestructible. It can buy you an extra turn or you can just put Worship into play and while the Pit Scorpion is there you have all the turns you want.
Cognis
Tester

Postby frankzappa » 10 Jan 2011, 23:12

Wow that would be perfect, thanks! I just made a really powerful deck using Eureka but I only made it to round 8 and then a land destruction deck killed me. Just having that scorpion would help a lot. Thanks :)
frankzappa

Postby Cognis » 10 Jan 2011, 23:43

You can also play Force of Will to slow down the AI until you get 4 lands.
Cognis
Tester

Postby frankzappa » 11 Jan 2011, 11:31

Cool thanks, I just got to round 8! So close. Then the merfolk counter deck got me :( He had 3 counters in hand so I was locked down for 3 turns which was more than enough for his merfolk to kill me. I think I will add Force of Will so I can counter his counters. I'm using a deck with Havenwood Battleground which really helps get important cards out on turn 3 :) I think I will finally beat this today, thanks to your advice.
frankzappa

Previous

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges