It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:59

Text Size

Diabolic/Get's Edict as staple for black

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Diabolic/Get's Edict as staple for black

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Jun 2011, 17:16

Today a thought has crossed my head: it has been very painful :) But the result is that I've got tired of Diabolic Edict , Get's Edict & Consuming Vapors .
Maybe they are not broken but I've seen how they have become staple cards for my deck and they make the difference among loosing or winning.
I know that their main weakness is that their user can't directly target any creature but, in most of the cases, they work as a Terror which is able to kill any kind of creature, including black-warded, black and artifact ones.
That weakness is occasionally felt only vs. decks filled with a lot of weenie creatures and vs. White deck with resurrection spells, as Emeria, the Sky Ruin.
Also, for they have a silly low casting cost and other side effects: Get's Edict may be used as a mini ammo even vs creatureless decks, while Consuming Vapors may give card advantage (2 creatures for one card) or may become a sort of Timewalk, since it will prevent a smart player from playing any creature for the next round. There is no reason for which the rebound ability should bot be activated, since it is free!
And it is a shame because there are so many nice spells, as Go for the Throat or Dismember, which are really good but almost never find any place in my decks because the cards above are usually much better. So better that almost never I can play without.
What do you think about?
0rion79

Re: Diabolic/Get's Edict as staple for black

Postby stassy » 14 Jun 2011, 04:25

They are unfortunately needed to get rid of big fatties like Emrakul/pro black, else they are very powerful against weenie/tribal deck indeed
stassy

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Jun 2011, 08:29

Yes, I know :( That's why I can't but use them. I don't want to spoil what is already obvious but I'm really thinking that such cards create a too big advantage for Black, which is not compensaded by other cards of equal power owned by other colors.
0rion79

Postby stassy » 15 Jun 2011, 06:59

Just noticed with the last update that there is another black card that can even kill indestructible : Dismember
Also overpowered because it can also kill...Phyrexian Obliterator with 1 :mrgreen:
stassy

Postby 0rion79 » 15 Jun 2011, 08:11

yes, In fact I was thinking to use it instead than other cards because it is powerful but more balanced than others.
0rion79

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges