It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:16

Text Size

gg with the Bazaar Trader

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

gg with the Bazaar Trader

Postby mtgmintcard » 09 Mar 2010, 10:59

Every new set, Wizard prints a chuck of cards, some cards are good for standard, extended or casual plays. But sometimes, if you look at some of the cards by itself, you might have no idea about what is going on with the card's ability. One of examples is the Steamflogger Boss in the Future Sight, even at this moment, you still have no idea about what “assemble” and “contraption” are. There is no such contraption artifact exists in the MTG.

Norin the Wary + Pandemonium
Another card Norin the Wary from the Time Spiral. It would be exiled when a player plays a spell or a creature attacks. Some players found that when plays it with Pandemonium, Norin the Wary could deal opponent two points every turns. And it is very hard to be destroyed.
ImageImage

Bazaar Trader + Mark of Mutiny
The Bazaar Trader in WorldWake is one of the cards you do not know what's going on with it. Based on the “extraordinary” ability of Bazaar Trader, some players have found the ways to use this “item giveaway”. The Mark of Mutiny allows you to control target creature until EOT, but before the EOT, use the ability of Bazaar Trader and target yourself to control of the creature.
ImageImage

Bazaar Trader + Immortal Coil + Bojuka Bog
Another idea to use the Bazaar Trader would be the other way around. Giveaway your card to component, but what's the point?? By using Immortal Coil, to make short, while your component has an empty graveyard and you use the Immortal Coil with Bazaar Trader...lose the game. By the way, in WorldWake, the Bojuka Bog could exile all cards from target player's graveyard, which should be one of the cards in this package.
ImageImage

I believe the cards mentioned above are powerful and interesting. The only question is how do you use those combos to create a deck, take control of the game and win the game with the combos. Feel Free to help with this deck, we are building the deck with this idea, give us some comments!!
Magic the Gathering online store
mtgmintcard

Re: gg with the Bazaar Trader

Postby Kl3p_co. » 09 Mar 2010, 11:50

There is no viable possibility to build a deck around bazaar trader. The problem being that building a deck on 1 card in a format without enough fast deck digging is just plain crazy and won't be viable in any way known to me.
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby mtgmintcard » 22 Mar 2010, 09:32

mtgmintcard

Postby Nyth » 28 Mar 2010, 10:21

I've built this deck and had good results with it so far... I can check out the exact decklist I made when I get home later but from what I recall it was something like this.

Lands - 25
4 x Bojuka Bog
4 x Dragonskull Summit
4 x Scalding Tarn
7 x Mountain
6 x Swamp

Creatures - 12
4 x Bazaar Trader
4 x Abyssal Persecutor
4 x Bloodghast

Spells - 23
4 x Mark of Mutiny
4 x Act of Treason
4 x Bone Splinters
4 x Terminate
4 x Immortal Coil
3 x Bituminous Blast

Total 60 Cards

Can't recall the sideboard fully but I'll post it later. I had fun beating a Naya Lightsaber and Boss Naya deck with this deck.

Against the Naya Lightsaber deck, my opponent didn't perceive the Trader would be a threat and let it live. I stole a Woolly Thoctar (with a +1 counter from Oran-Rief, the Vastwood) added my own +1 counter from Mark of Mutiny, attacked my opponent and then kept the Woolly Thoctar using the Bazaar Trader. My opponent had to read the cards 4 times before he understood the ruling. He just sat there with his mouth open for the rest of the game while I killed him with his creatures. He sided out all his big creatures in the second game since he didn't want to give me ammunition. He then proceeded to kill the Bazaar Trader every time he saw it. I actually played the Immortal Coil to make my game go longer while I used my sac lands and multiple Bloodghast to try and win the game. The Abyssal Persecutor got removed every time he came out which let my Trader last longer. The third game, I won via the Bazaar Trader, Bojuka Bog, Immortal Coil combo since he didn't have removal for my Bazaar Trader.

Against Boss Naya, I had similar results using the Immortal Coil as a last resolve to keep me from dying while I keep stealing my opponent's creatures and hit them with them.

Worth trying out at an FNM. It definitely turns heads with its multiple tactics. I have yet to win with the Persecutor yet though.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby mtgmintcard » 29 Mar 2010, 03:27

Nyth wrote:I've built this deck and had good results with it so far... I can check out the exact decklist I made when I get home later but from what I recall it was something like this.

Lands - 25
4 x Bojuka Bog
4 x Dragonskull Summit
4 x Scalding Tarn
7 x Mountain
6 x Swamp

Creatures - 12
4 x Bazaar Trader
4 x Abyssal Persecutor
4 x Bloodghast

Spells - 23
4 x Mark of Mutiny
4 x Act of Treason
4 x Bone Splinters
4 x Terminate
4 x Immortal Coil
3 x Bituminous Blast

Total 60 Cards

Can't recall the sideboard fully but I'll post it later. I had fun beating a Naya Lightsaber and Boss Naya deck with this deck.

Against the Naya Lightsaber deck, my opponent didn't perceive the Trader would be a threat and let it live. I stole a Woolly Thoctar (with a +1 counter from Oran-Rief, the Vastwood) added my own +1 counter from Mark of Mutiny, attacked my opponent and then kept the Woolly Thoctar using the Bazaar Trader. My opponent had to read the cards 4 times before he understood the ruling. He just sat there with his mouth open for the rest of the game while I killed him with his creatures. He sided out all his big creatures in the second game since he didn't want to give me ammunition. He then proceeded to kill the Bazaar Trader every time he saw it. I actually played the Immortal Coil to make my game go longer while I used my sac lands and multiple Bloodghast to try and win the game. The Abyssal Persecutor got removed every time he came out which let my Trader last longer. The third game, I won via the Bazaar Trader, Bojuka Bog, Immortal Coil combo since he didn't have removal for my Bazaar Trader.

Against Boss Naya, I had similar results using the Immortal Coil as a last resolve to keep me from dying while I keep stealing my opponent's creatures and hit them with them.

Worth trying out at an FNM. It definitely turns heads with its multiple tactics. I have yet to win with the Persecutor yet though.
Hey Nyth,

That's interesting. I have pretty much the same idea as your deck. Just wondering why you take Bloodghast??

Thanks
mtgmintcard

Postby Nyth » 29 Mar 2010, 04:34

Ok... I've got the actual deck I played and I realised I forgot some important cards so here's the actual deck... I'd forgotten the best Black/Red card in Standard...

Lands - 24
4 x Bojuka Bog
4 x Dragonskull Summit
3 x Scalding Tarn
2 x Lavaclaw Reaches
6 x Mountain
5 x Swamp

Creatures - 11
4 x Bazaar Trader
3 x Abyssal Persecutor
4 x Bloodghast

Spells - 25
4 x Mark of Mutiny
4 x Act of Treason
3 x Bone Splinters
4 x Terminate
4 x Blightning
3 x Bituminous Blast
3 x Immortal Coil

Total 60 Cards

Sideboard
3 x Gatekeeper of Malakir
3 x Thought Hemorrhage
3 x Goblin Ruinblaster
3 x Earthquake
1 x Deathmark
2 x Smother

The reason I have Bloodghast in the deck is to allow me to have another beater on the ground that's a continuous threat. All the other creatures I'm aiming to get via Act of Treason and Mark of Mutiny. If I don't have the Bazaar Trader out, I'll take their creature, hit them with it... Most times they don't block because they think they're getting their creature back. Then I Bone Splinters, sacrificing their creature and target another one of theirs. You'd be surprised how often I play against a clear board with this deck. The sideboard is pretty self explanatory. After the first round Bituminous Blast comes out and I replace with Smother and Deathmark (if need be) since most opponents side out their big creatures after seeing what this deck does.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Return to MTG Mint Card