It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:14

Text Size

Dominion (by Rio Grande Games) [Updated 11/14/2011]

A version of Asmadi Games' game by jatill

Moderators: Huggybaby, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Dominion (by Rio Grande Games) [Updated 1/10/2011]

Postby jatill » 11 Apr 2011, 12:30

Thanks for the list of typos. I'll correct those for sure. If you notice any actual card bugs, list them please. The treasure thing can be fixed by changing a setting on the main screen. It's a little hard to see, though, with the background image, but it's there.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby RyanMM » 12 Apr 2011, 13:16

Sorry for requoting myself, but I don't know if you say this on the previous page.

RyanMM wrote:I have been having trouble when the Lookout card is played. It locks out my ability to use my Treasure cards in the buy round subsequently after playing it. Really screwed up the last game I played.
I'd also really love an 'undo' button, for instances when I accidentally click on the wrong action card or don't notice that I'm being asked to discard and instead of it being my turn.
RyanMM

Postby jatill » 13 Apr 2011, 13:01

Unfortunately, the game isn't architected in a way to make an undo button very easy to do. Ascension would be no problem, since I learned a lot more by the time I programmed that, but Dominion was my first project, and has to live with a few bad design choices.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cogline » 26 Apr 2011, 08:38

First of all, very nice done the game works well. But I have encountered some problems.

First I have a problem with Possession. When I play the card does the computer play a extra turn and buy some crap card.

I also have problem with Tactitian, it does not always give me 5 extra card.
Cogline

Postby pinkymadigan » 27 Apr 2011, 11:18

I would suggest you check the log if you think you are being cheated on cards - perhaps an opponent played an attack? Maybe your deck does not have enough cards in it?
pinkymadigan

Postby Cogline » 02 May 2011, 06:26

True, there is no problem with Tactician. But Possession does still not work as it should. You can't personally play the player to the left hand.
Cogline

Re: Dominion (by Rio Grande Games) [Updated 5/12/2011]

Postby Spaceknight » 15 May 2011, 02:25

Hello, and compliments on an excellent game!

I have found two bugs that you should know about.

I played a game with the Young Witch, but only could see 10 cards on the interface. This seems inconsistent, a different kingdom set worked OK. The game I saw it on had a Treasury missing, and that was the highest cost and last card alphabetically.

Peddler's did not have a reduced cost when I played Horn of Plenty. Playing the treasures is in the Buy phase, so the cost should adjust at that time. (eg, play Spy, Militia, Silver, Horn, that gets a 4-cost card, and Peddler should be 4, but it was still 8.)

thanks
Spaceknight

Postby hymie » 15 May 2011, 15:05

Hunting Party -- is this my mistake or a bug?

"Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a card that isn't a duplicate of one in your hand"

I think you're processing that too literally.

If my hand has (say) 2 Estates and 3 Coppers, and I reveal four Coppers from my deck, the fourth Copper is the card that I end up keeping. The first 3 Coppers that I reveal "match" the three Coppers in my hand, and the three Coppers in my hand are "checked off" as having been matched. The 4th Copper that I reveal thus has no Coppers to match, and I get it in my hand.

I don't have the Cornucopia rules handy, but this seems opposite to the overall intent of Cornucopia -- that every Copper that I reveal off my deck matches the Copper(s) in my hand.
hymie

Postby jatill » 15 May 2011, 21:23

hymie wrote:Hunting Party -- is this my mistake or a bug?

"Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a card that isn't a duplicate of one in your hand"

I think you're processing that too literally.

If my hand has (say) 2 Estates and 3 Coppers, and I reveal four Coppers from my deck, the fourth Copper is the card that I end up keeping. The first 3 Coppers that I reveal "match" the three Coppers in my hand, and the three Coppers in my hand are "checked off" as having been matched. The 4th Copper that I reveal thus has no Coppers to match, and I get it in my hand.

I don't have the Cornucopia rules handy, but this seems opposite to the overall intent of Cornucopia -- that every Copper that I reveal off my deck matches the Copper(s) in my hand.
I think it's likely that your deck actually ran out, so you got no bonus card. The extra Copper is probably what you drew from the +1 cards.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 15 May 2011, 21:26

Spaceknight wrote:Hello, and compliments on an excellent game!

I have found two bugs that you should know about.

I played a game with the Young Witch, but only could see 10 cards on the interface. This seems inconsistent, a different kingdom set worked OK. The game I saw it on had a Treasury missing, and that was the highest cost and last card alphabetically.

Peddler's did not have a reduced cost when I played Horn of Plenty. Playing the treasures is in the Buy phase, so the cost should adjust at that time. (eg, play Spy, Militia, Silver, Horn, that gets a 4-cost card, and Peddler should be 4, but it was still 8.)

thanks
I tested the Horn of Plenty / Peddlers interaction, and it worked right. Not sure what you saw. Maybe a screenshot would help.

I'm aware of the Young Witch bug, and it only happens after the 1st game. I can't reproduce it, though, so I can't fix it for now.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby pinkymadigan » 17 May 2011, 00:52

I am able to buy Grand Markets from the Black Market with coppers in play...
pinkymadigan

Postby hymie » 17 May 2011, 09:21

jatill wrote:
hymie wrote:Hunting Party -- is this my mistake or a bug?
I think it's likely that your deck actually ran out, so you got no bonus card. The extra Copper is probably what you drew from the +1 cards.
I believe that you are correct. Thanks.
hymie

Postby Kuildeous » 19 Jun 2011, 03:04

Hidey ho! I have to say that this is a pretty smooth program you have here. I've been having fun learning Cornucopia cards before they came out.

I found a couple of bugs that don't look to be reported yet.

* When I have a Moat and am affected by the Vault, the Moat "protects" me. Of course, one problem is that I should be able to choose if I can use Moad, but the bigger problem is that Vault is not an attack card.
* I watched an AI reveal Watchtower to put a victory card on top, which is probably not in its best interest.

Still, programming the best course of action for 129 cards would be quite a monumental task, so kudos for what is available now. These AI at least are more interesting than other programs I've seen (and possibly more interesting than some players I've met).

Kevin
Kuildeous

Postby jatill » 21 Jun 2011, 14:32

I'm not seeing any issue with Vault, but I can definitely address the Watchtower issue.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby oneiromancer » 09 Aug 2011, 23:49

I would first like to say that I your Dominion AI is fantastic. I have been playing it quite a bit, and I have noticed a bug which probably doesn't come up often, but which I discovered trying to recreate one of the Dominion Strategy Combos of the Day.
If you King's Court a Masquerade with a sufficiently small hand, you may not be able pass a card to your opponent in one of the copies of the event; if this happens, the game locks up, as it "won't take no as an answer".
oneiromancer

PreviousNext

Return to Dominion