Moderators: Huggybaby, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bugs

Postby bluefr » 29 Aug 2010, 16:31

Hi
I've got a problem when launching campaign chapter2, part 4 :
I get the following error :
Erreur d'exécution '340'
L'élément du groupe de contrôles '63' n'existe pas
(yes i'm using a french XP, but you get the message !)
I checked back here, and saw the 'installer.zip' so tried that see if it worked anybetter, but no luck. (edit : seems like a really old version since there does'nt seem to be campaign mode, but i hoped it might install missing VB stuff ...)
I tried on another computer (fresh windows 7) : got the same problem :(

Any idea what the problem could be ?
Hope you have a solution!

[edit: since this error hasn't come up before do you think it's because i'm using a french OS ? (haven't got any english windows to test though :( )
bluefr

Postby JeffP » 30 Aug 2010, 16:28

Hello all - brilliant game, BTW. It has helped me understand the game tremendously.

One bug I just discovered: Secret Chamber does not give you the option to not reveal it after an attack. Sometimes I like the cards I have just fine...

Thanks,

Jeff
JeffP

Postby JeffP » 31 Aug 2010, 09:24

Nevermind - its not really a bug, I'm just dense sometimes.
JeffP

Postby jatill » 31 Aug 2010, 12:12

bluefr wrote:Hi
I've got a problem when launching campaign chapter2, part 4 :
I get the following error :
Erreur d'exécution '340'
L'élément du groupe de contrôles '63' n'existe pas
(yes i'm using a french XP, but you get the message !)
I checked back here, and saw the 'installer.zip' so tried that see if it worked anybetter, but no luck. (edit : seems like a really old version since there does'nt seem to be campaign mode, but i hoped it might install missing VB stuff ...)
I tried on another computer (fresh windows 7) : got the same problem :(

Any idea what the problem could be ?
Hope you have a solution!

[edit: since this error hasn't come up before do you think it's because i'm using a french OS ? (haven't got any english windows to test though :( )
It's a bug. I'll have a fix on Friday.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby alan331 » 09 Sep 2010, 12:21

I got a new problem about the last chapter 4-6, the cost of all the cards are 0, the problem only affect the campaign mode. In normal play, with the same set of kingdom cards, its fine.
alan331

Postby jatill » 09 Sep 2010, 19:08

alan331 wrote:I got a new problem about the last chapter 4-6, the cost of all the cards are 0, the problem only affect the campaign mode. In normal play, with the same set of kingdom cards, its fine.
That's by design.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Trump » 11 Sep 2010, 03:47

With 3 and 4 players, the # of each VP doesn't go to its default of 12.
Trump

Postby tphinney » 17 Sep 2010, 15:43

There's a bug in the implementation of Tribute, I think.

The computer game only gives a bonus for a unique TYPE of card, whereas the rules say that it is per unique NAME of card. For example, if the other player turns up a copper and a silver, that is two differently named cards, and should be a +4 bonus. The computer game only gives a +2 bonus.

See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/430 ... me-vs-type for more on this.

Thanks,

T
tphinney

Postby tphinney » 18 Sep 2010, 18:19

I think I also see a bug when I have Watchtower. First time somebody makes me gain a card with Swindler I have the chance to trash it, but if it happens again in the same round, I don't get that opportunity.

Minor bugs aside, fabulous job! I'm really impressed with how good the AI players are.
tphinney

Postby tphinney » 20 Sep 2010, 06:12

When I play Lookout, if I only have one card left in my deck, that's all that I get to deal with (and I have to trash it). It should reshuffle my discards to get the required three cards.

EDIT: This may actually not be a bug... might have been that I didn't have any discards to reshuffle!

Cheers,

T
tphinney

Postby Trump » 27 Sep 2010, 20:06

Not exactly a bug, but the lack of control when playing treasures puts a real dent in the Prosperity strategy. Granted, you might set up the AI to always play your treasures in your best interest, but it simply can't always do that. For example, today it played all of my treasures, bringing me up to 7 when I'd have preferred to not play my copper and be able to purchase a Grand Market. If you are going to have the AI deal with this, maybe have it check the math and hold back on coppers if Grand Market would be buyable? Still, that'd cause problems with Bank. I think you're going to just have to set up a Treasure subroutine similar to the Action subroutine.
Trump

Postby jatill » 28 Sep 2010, 12:53

Trump wrote:Not exactly a bug, but the lack of control when playing treasures puts a real dent in the Prosperity strategy. Granted, you might set up the AI to always play your treasures in your best interest, but it simply can't always do that. For example, today it played all of my treasures, bringing me up to 7 when I'd have preferred to not play my copper and be able to purchase a Grand Market. If you are going to have the AI deal with this, maybe have it check the math and hold back on coppers if Grand Market would be buyable? Still, that'd cause problems with Bank. I think you're going to just have to set up a Treasure subroutine similar to the Action subroutine.
There's an option on the main starting screen that lets you play treasures manually.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Caravan

Postby Ivalen » 23 Jan 2011, 15:21

When playing the card Caravan, the game does not give me +1 Action.

When playing Caravan as my first action, I don't get the +1 Action. If I play it after, say, Peddler, I get the +1 Action.
Ivalen

Postby siyano » 03 Feb 2011, 16:36

1) I'm not seeing the number of card left for supplies
2) I can't get the campaign/achiev button, since I changed my windows resolution
siyano

Postby thatwolfguy » 15 Apr 2011, 16:52

don't know what this means, but i get:
<Run-time Error 340
Control array element '41' doesn't exist>
from time to time - of course i think i play the game differently than some, i end up with 30-40 cards on my screen.
thatwolfguy

PreviousNext

Return to Dominion