It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:11

Text Size

Constructed Deck mode

A version of Asmadi Games' game by jatill

Moderators: Huggybaby, CCGHQ Admins

Constructed Deck mode

Postby jatill » 18 Mar 2010, 16:28

This mode has not been created yet; I'm just soliciting opinions.

You build 40 card decks using the Dominion cards. The only constraint is that your deck cannot have a total cost > 60 (average cost of 1.5). Then you compete against the AI (also with constructed decks) where the rest of the game is the same, except victory points cost double, and the game does not end until all Provinces are bought.

Thoughts?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Constructed Deck mode

Postby Boom2010 » 18 Mar 2010, 16:50

Initial gut feel is that I am not sure this would work (well perhaps not on the numbers you are thinking).

It rather "breaks" what Dominion is all about i.e the main game mechanic is the building of an optimised deck, not necessarily the playing of that deck.

However it is interesting - especially now that there is a greater variety of cards available (and more on their way), and so shouldn't be dismissed.

I don't think 60 or even 40 cards should be the level, I can just see decks stalling at those numbers, as how often you have that many cards playing Dom "normally". Perhaps the trick is to have varying levels say 10, 20 or 30?

Then again there are cards available with which to par down your deck to something more efficient.

I think I am talking myself into this being an interesting variant.... like your thinking to challenge what is already there!
Boom2010

Return to Dominion