It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:59

Text Size

Alchemy Beta Testing (updated 4/23)

A version of Asmadi Games' game by jatill

Moderators: Huggybaby, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Alchemy Beta Testing

Postby jatill » 21 Apr 2010, 13:48

pinkymadigan wrote:Also, on that topic, when the # of kingdom cards in each pile is more than 10 the game seems to end after any action card is purchased. Testing that ruined my stats heh heh...
I'm not sure how this can happen. I just set the pile size to 12, and bought some actions. The game didn't end.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby pinkymadigan » 21 Apr 2010, 23:15

I believe most of the glitches I encounter are due to caches not being cleared properly from game to game. Try playing a normal game then a game with a lot of actions. Also, that subscript error that the other poster reported seems to happen with a lot of cards as well. Somewhere around 100 cards and playing 20 - 30 cards a turn you get this error.

I haven't looked at the code yet as opening the individual code files one by one is annoying and I haven't figured out the proper way to up convert around that active-X error, or I'd give you more specific feedback.
pinkymadigan

Postby jatill » 22 Apr 2010, 12:29

New version posted.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/onmw0dunm ... 100422.zip

Here are the updates:
-Golem will compeltely skip over Throne Room, since it can't use it correctly
-Fix Alchemy Randomization to include a minimum of 3 Alchemy cards
-AI will not buy Potion when it is not a valid option
-Add recommended Alchemy sets to list of sets
-Allow combination of Herbalist and Alchemist
-Update interation of Potion cards with Mine/Remodel/Upgrade/Saboteur
-Rewrite Thief to explicitely ask you which coin you want to steal, if any

Outstanding Questions:
-How do potion costs interact with Swindlers / Upgrade?
-If opponent is possessed and gains a card to hand, do you gain it to hand instead?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Boom2010 » 22 Apr 2010, 18:06

[quote="jatill"]New version posted.
quote]
Sorry to tbe bearer... but first game in and only had Phil's stone and potion (with 3 or more box ticked)
Boom2010

Postby Adventuress » 22 Apr 2010, 19:01

jatill wrote:Outstanding Questions:
They don't alter potion cost. Say you have a card A, which costs 5C1P, and you may take one, that costs up to 2C less, then you may take any card costing up to 3C1P, which includes cards costing 0P (Any card without Potion cost, has an implied Potion cost of 0).
If the card says you have to take a card that costs exactly 1C more you have to take one that costs X+1CYP, where X and Y are the Coin and potion cost respectively.

-If opponent is possessed and gains a card to hand, do you gain it to hand instead?
Every card bought/ gained goes to the Possessor. Trashed cards go to the Possessed discard pile.
Adventuress

Postby Lummerosch » 22 Apr 2010, 19:16

Trashed cards in a posession turn go to the Posessed discard pile after the extra turn.
Lummerosch

Postby jatill » 22 Apr 2010, 19:56

Lummerosch wrote:Trashed cards in a posession turn go to the Posessed discard pile after the extra turn.
Not in my version :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 22 Apr 2010, 19:57

Boom2010 wrote:
jatill wrote:New version posted.
quote]
Sorry to tbe bearer... but first game in and only had Phil's stone and potion (with 3 or more box ticked)
Hmm... looks like Stone is always getting picked now. I did have this working at one point, I swear!

Edit: The settings that I uploaded with had Stone as the only always-choose card. Remove that and it'll work. In the mean time, I'll see what I can to do make the randomization also work if you pick some of the cards.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Alchemy Beta Testing (updated 4/23)

Postby jatill » 23 Apr 2010, 13:12

Ok, new version released today.

-rework thief again
-fix randomization again
-allow you to play cards like Moneylender even when there is nothing to trash
-minor stats fix if you played with 12 kingdom cards including potions
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Lummerosch » 24 Apr 2010, 08:57

jatill wrote:
Lummerosch wrote:Trashed cards in a posession turn go to the Posessed discard pile after the extra turn.
Not in my version :)
No, but in the rulebook :wink:
Lummerosch

Postby 1024 » 26 Apr 2010, 21:42

And other similar cards. Take their original text, imagine the part about the cost is written twice, with the second time it says "0 potions." So, gain a card costing 1 coin more and 0 potions more exactly.

No, I gain it to discard no matter what. Original text means "instead of discard, gain it to hand", but this is entirely overwritten by the Possession text saying "gain it to your discard instead of any other place it says you should gain it".

Also, I think you really need to make the Possession work or just remove it, because it will be useless a lot of the times, and definately not worth the 6P if the ai buys you another terminal action or copper, and wouldn't use some cards that could help you.

Also, I got to a game where the possessed player ended the game. The next game, there was a no-name phantom player for 1 turn after him, then he lost his name and went on like that.

Postby jatill » 30 Apr 2010, 12:36

This has been rolled into the main release now. Thanks for your help.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 1024 » 16 May 2010, 20:58

I'm preparing for Alchemy's release in Hungary so I decided to train myself a bit on getting a Possession the fastest way possible so I can make the maximum use of it. So I picked it as always part of the set.

This game ended up pretty hilarious, I don't mind the bug(s) it's just a must-see
http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images ... 1-orig.jpg

Postby Trump » 02 Jun 2010, 19:09

Is nobody else having a problem with Possession like I am? I've been reading the other messages and it seems like some of you are able to play it, although you're encountering other bugs. When I play it, the next player has a Possessed turn and then a normal turn, but I don't get to make any decisions for them at all. It's as if the possessed player just gets two turns in a row.

(I DO get the card they might buy during their possessed turn. I just don't get to choose what it is.)
Trump

Postby Boom2010 » 02 Jun 2010, 21:47

Trump wrote:Is nobody else having a problem with Possession like I am? I've been reading the other messages and it seems like some of you are able to play it, although you're encountering other bugs. When I play it, the next player has a Possessed turn and then a normal turn, but I don't get to make any decisions for them at all. It's as if the possessed player just gets two turns in a row.

(I DO get the card they might buy during their possessed turn. I just don't get to choose what it is.)
It is playing as Jatill had programmed it. You can play possession but the AI will play the possessed turn on your behalf. Jatill has said that he isn't going to change this as way too difficult given that this card wasn't expected when he was originally coding it.
Boom2010

Previous

Return to Dominion