It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:10

Text Size

Struggling with campaign mode

A version of Asmadi Games' game by jatill

Moderators: Huggybaby, CCGHQ Admins

Struggling with campaign mode

Postby Arctaeus » 22 Sep 2010, 14:35

Hi everyone, i'm currently struggling with 1-4 of the campaign mode, where you duel against the duke who "already owns 4 duchies"

Just a bit of feedback about this particular level:

As he already owns these 4 duchies and has a duke card, he starts 16 victory points ahead of the player. This makes it very difficult to catch up (although today I just lost the game by a single victory point).

If he already owns these 5 cards (4 duchies and a duke), why aren't they in his deck already, giving him a disadvantage to balance out the fact he starts with 16 victory points?

I've been playing this level for nearly a week now, played about 20 times but still can't get past it. Can anyone give me any hints on how to actually get past this level or, better still, a save game which starts at level 1-5? I don't get the chance to play Dominion with real players so this campaign mode is a blessing, but this level is just plain silly.

Thanks for any help everyone
Arctaeus

Re: Struggling with campaign mode

Postby Elysium » 22 Sep 2010, 19:19

Some of the levels are just a bitch and come down to a fair bit of luck for what cards you draw to play with, or what the other players do on their first few turns (a few later levels...).

For this level, one thing you can do (which may or may not be technically bending the rules) is to go into the card selection on the main screen and turn colony and platinum to "always on" and then play. Go straight for gold->platinum and it's nice to have something like council room to draw you more cards +buy.

I just tried it and it still took me 3 tries to beat it (within 10 points on the first 2), but on the last one I bought out all the colonies and won 84-27.
Elysium

Re: Struggling with campaign mode

Postby Arctaeus » 22 Sep 2010, 21:47

I'll try switching on those cards tomorrow :) thank you for your help!
Arctaeus

Return to Dominion