It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:45

Text Size

Any chance of making a Thunderstone AI?

A version of Asmadi Games' game by jatill

Moderators: Huggybaby, CCGHQ Admins

Any chance of making a Thunderstone AI?

Postby lotusmonk » 23 Nov 2010, 17:47

Seeing Dominion and Ascension being converted into solo-playable applications made me think how difficult would it be to make something similar with Thunderstone?
Unfortunately my programming skills are well below zero the only way I can imagine how to contribute to this is by setting up this thread :)
lotusmonk

Re: Any chance of making a Thunderstone AI?

Postby jatill » 23 Nov 2010, 18:05

I've heard bad things about Thunderstone, so probably not from me.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Trump » 05 Dec 2010, 20:30

Bad things?! Can you elaborate? Amongst deckbuilding games, Thunderstone holds a strong third place (Dominion is first and Puzzle Strike is second). Or were you referring to legal problems with AEG?
Trump

Postby jatill » 06 Dec 2010, 13:30

Trump wrote:Bad things?! Can you elaborate? Amongst deckbuilding games, Thunderstone holds a strong third place (Dominion is first and Puzzle Strike is second). Or were you referring to legal problems with AEG?
I've never played the game, but 2 friends own it and no longer play because they didn't like it much. One complaint, if I remember correctly, is that things stay in the center too long and the game drags on (no idea what that means, since I haven't played).
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 06 Dec 2010, 18:12

jatill wrote:
Trump wrote:Bad things?! Can you elaborate? Amongst deckbuilding games, Thunderstone holds a strong third place (Dominion is first and Puzzle Strike is second). Or were you referring to legal problems with AEG?
I've never played the game, but 2 friends own it and no longer play because they didn't like it much. One complaint, if I remember correctly, is that things stay in the center too long and the game drags on (no idea what that means, since I haven't played).
The game can drag in some cases, yep, depending on starting cards (fewer # of players seem to make this happen more often). I play this game solo, pretty good.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Trump » 07 Dec 2010, 04:24

jatill wrote:
I don't know what this means either. Just like with Dominion, if certain sets of cards get chosen for the game, it can take longer as everyone tries to build up. Besides, isn't that why we'd like to see these computerized games, so we can play them faster? I don't know what it means for something to stay in the center too long. While I think Dominion is the better game, there's no doubt that it's WAY easier to get a game of Thunderstone going in my group. I figured you whipped out Ascension because it was fairly easy to do since it can't be that it's because that's a good game. :) Ick! Thunderstone would probably be able to rely heavily on your existing Dominion framework and with the second expansion releasing very soon, I think you'd have a pretty popular program on your hands.
Trump

Postby hawckmoon » 07 Feb 2011, 19:56

Thunderstone, for many people is better than dominion, it is question of taste, in any case, I
I also pointed to the request to create a modification to play thundestone.

Thank you very much, your program is fantastic, it is possible a variant for android applications.
hawckmoon

Return to Dominion