It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:40

Text Size

Dominion .NET (by Rio Grande Games)

A version of Asmadi Games' game by jatill

Moderators: Huggybaby, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Dominion .NET (by Rio Grande Games)

Postby tojammot » 30 Jan 2012, 07:29

Just found this from a thread on SlickDeals, awesome work, I'll be trying out some new expansions.
I found an error, you can click on other players' discard pile if it's a treasure and it plays them, allowing unlimited amounts of treasure.
tojammot

Postby Jurek » 02 Feb 2012, 19:08

tojammot wrote:Just found this from a thread on SlickDeals, awesome work, I'll be trying out some new expansions.
I found an error, you can click on other players' discard pile if it's a treasure and it plays them, allowing unlimited amounts of treasure.
Thanks for the bug report -- this has been fixed & released as r162.
Jurek
DEVELOPER

Postby Jurek » 25 Jul 2012, 05:05

So after a long hiatus, I've finally published a new version of Dominion .NET.

Stash is now implemented, leaving the only unimplemented cards of Possession from Alchemy and Black Market, a promo card.

I've added 2 new AIs, developed by a contributer to my project.

I will also be monitoring the sneak peaks of the up-coming expansion "Dark Ages" and I have every intent on implementing the entire set.

Stay tuned for more progress here!
Jurek
DEVELOPER

Postby joewtwins » 27 Jul 2012, 00:17

Jurek wrote:So after a long hiatus, I've finally published a new version of Dominion .NET.

Stash is now implemented, leaving the only unimplemented cards of Possession from Alchemy and Black Market, a promo card.

I've added 2 new AIs, developed by a contributer to my project.

I will also be monitoring the sneak peaks of the up-coming expansion "Dark Ages" and I have every intent on implementing the entire set.

Stay tuned for more progress here!
Yay!
joewtwins

Better Image support

Postby Ixoran » 29 Jul 2012, 07:30

I'm absolutely loving this program so far. Just stopping by to say thanks.
Also, is there any chance of getting better support for images? Like the ability to use the full card image as an overlay.
Kinda like the (296x473)ones at diehrstraits(URL removed because apparently its to spammy. /sigh new user security)

Right now it seems like only very small images and only the actual art image on the card is supported, right?

Awesome work again man.
Can't wait for that human players slider to go the other direction either. ;)

EDIT: Is there a way to set the Tooltip Images right now?
Ixoran

Re: Better Image support

Postby Jurek » 08 Aug 2012, 03:04

Ixoran wrote:Also, is there any chance of getting better support for images? Like the ability to use the full card image as an overlay.
Kinda like the (296x473)ones at diehrstraits(URL removed because apparently its to spammy. /sigh new user security)

Right now it seems like only very small images and only the actual art image on the card is supported, right?

EDIT: Is there a way to set the Tooltip Images right now?
Under Game->Settings, on the Custom Images tab, you can check the "Use custom card ToolTips" checkbox and then specify the path that Dominion .NET should look for card images to be used instead of the generated information shown on the ToolTip. If a card's image is not found, then the program will default back to the generated ToolTip.
Jurek
DEVELOPER

Postby Jurek » 15 Aug 2012, 06:26

I have released an update that includes the 15 previewed Dark Ages cards. This release (r188) also includes a few minor tweaks from r187.

This will be a very short version, as I will be obviously spending time implementing the rest of the Dark Ages cards once the game goes live.
Jurek
DEVELOPER

Re: Dominion (by Rio Grande Games)

Postby onionknight » 18 Aug 2012, 23:07

the game keeps crashing for me when a standard ai computer plays a graverobber

good work on the program, I cant wait to play the other new cards
onionknight

Postby Boom2010 » 19 Aug 2012, 08:43

So pleased that you are continuing to work on this, especially with the debacle of the Goko release. Thanks.
Boom2010

Postby rchandra » 21 Aug 2012, 22:24

I'm greatly looking forwards to Dark Ages on this. Is there any chance of keyboard shortcuts? in particular y and n when asked a yes or no question. Being able to click cards in the main area instead of under the log (for example, when using Chapel) would be a great efficiency boost as well.

Also, the website thought this post was too spamy (sic) for a new user, thanks to the "net" in the topic.
rchandra

Postby TyrDagur » 22 Aug 2012, 16:53

Excellent implementation! One quick question: are playing statistics collected? I noticed a message about how quitting a game in progress would count as a loss (statistics-wise), but couldn't find any further information about number of games played, winning streak, etc...
TyrDagur

Postby Jurek » 28 Aug 2012, 04:26

onionknight wrote:the game keeps crashing for me when a standard ai computer plays a graverobber

good work on the program, I cant wait to play the other new cards
Sorry, yes, this was fixed in my development version shortly after the r188 release and will be fixed with the next release, which should be tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday. This release will also have all Dark Ages cards except Band of Misfits (which will require more thought, just like Possession).
Jurek
DEVELOPER

Postby Jurek » 28 Aug 2012, 04:27

TyrDagur wrote:Excellent implementation! One quick question: are playing statistics collected? I noticed a message about how quitting a game in progress would count as a loss (statistics-wise), but couldn't find any further information about number of games played, winning streak, etc...
Currently, no. I had started to but then removed the majority of the code so I could continue with other improvements like implementing cards. There are plans to put it back in, but I have no timeframe for it since I've not heard much feedback about wanting it. If more people are interested in it being there, I will bump it up in the priority.
Jurek
DEVELOPER

Postby rchandra » 01 Sep 2012, 07:46

Trusty Steed isn't working quite right for me - after I make the first choice, the buttons became smaller and textless so I couldn't see which was which for the second.
rchandra

Postby Jurek » 01 Sep 2012, 15:09

rchandra wrote:Trusty Steed isn't working quite right for me - after I make the first choice, the buttons became smaller and textless so I couldn't see which was which for the second.
Yup, someone else pointed this out to me as well. It's been fixed in SVN and is just waiting for another release. I believe this is the only card that this bug shows up in.
Jurek
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Dominion