It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 05:57
   
Text Size

All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt file

A version of Asmadi Games' game by jatill

Moderators: jatill, CCGHQ Admins

All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt file

Postby jatillisawesome » 05 Oct 2012, 06:44

Hello everyone,

I love this game and I've been playing the hell out of jatill's amazing creation. To progress in skill, I've been going through all of the 'recommended sets of 10' and not moving on until I could consistently beat them (I recommend this highly). However, I was a bit disappointed that they were only recorded up to Alchemy.

SO, I took some time and typed up all the recommended sets of 10 up to Hinterlands. I've also organized them by putting which set they include. Format is:

'SET NAME(S) - Theme Name:'

Because I included the set name(s), some run past the drop-down box. Not a big deal, but if you're still developing this jatill (I really hope you are and will put Dark Ages in!), then if you could make it a little wider, that'd be great.

To use, simply replace your 'sets.txt' file with this one, or, alternatively, copy and paste the contents of this file into yours. I personally checked each of these and they all seem to work (unless I overlooked something).

Enjoy, everyone!

----------------

Changelog
- Added all recommend sets of 10 up to Hinterlands
- Added set name(s) in addition to theme name
- Removed comma from Alchemy's ' Pots, Potions and Prats' since it messed up how it was displayed in the drop-down menu
- Changed set names from full to only first letter to better display them from the drop-down menu (v2)

Comments
- Couldn't figure out (if it's at all possible) to name the Bane card for Young Witch. As a result, it will be randomized (if anyone knows how to set it via the text file, let me know)
- Cards are case sensitive, so be careful when you're inputting sets yourself. 'Philosopher's Stone' is also referred to as 'Phil's Stone'
Attachments
sets.txt
version 2
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Last edited by jatillisawesome on 11 Oct 2012, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
jatillisawesome
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 05:53
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt fi

Postby Huggybaby » 05 Oct 2012, 07:00

Jatill IS awesome, but to make that your user name is something else!

Welcome to the forum (unless you're secretly jatill, then you're already welcome). :)

PS, I can't answer your questions, but someone else will. Or you can beat me with a wet noodle.

PPS Thanks for the contribution!
User avatar
Huggybaby
Administrator
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jan 2006, 19:44
Location: Finally out of Atlanta
Has thanked: 562 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt fi

Postby jatillisawesome » 05 Oct 2012, 07:18

ahah well i was reading through some of the other threads and i saw that he was unsure if he was gonna keep updating and put in dark ages. and i saw he only had 8 'thanks' (i couldn't figure out how to give him more) even though he made this awesome game. i thought he could use a little encouragement.
jatillisawesome
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 05:53
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt fi

Postby Huggybaby » 05 Oct 2012, 07:56

Send him a PM, he's busy lately and could use the encouragement. Hopefully he'll check his email.

Regardless, keep on keepin' on. :)
User avatar
Huggybaby
Administrator
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: 15 Jan 2006, 19:44
Location: Finally out of Atlanta
Has thanked: 562 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt fi

Postby Boom2010 » 05 Oct 2012, 08:31

jatillisawesome wrote:
then if you could make it a little wider, that'd be great.

Weird name, rather too stalker-ish for me.

Anyway I can't remember what space there is to play with in the drop down boxes, but if you want to use the game set names why not abbreviate the set name to something shorter (e.g B = Base, I=Intrigue etc). This might free some space and give you at least some of the information you need.

Alternatively why not just number them in the order that they were published. If you are working through them in order then this would seem to work.

Personally I've just updated the text file in the past to give the name of the preset only, but then I've "grown" up playing the real game and this since day one and know the presets by name.

I know Jatill is aware that Dark Ages is out there, but as above he is v. busy with other projects/life. Hopefully one day he will have more time and inclination to continue developing this. Of course there is only one expansion to come and that will be it (supposedly) and perhaps it is more sensible to now wait for that and finalise the whole thing once.
Boom2010
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 16:02
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt fi

Postby jatillisawesome » 11 Oct 2012, 00:16

Boom2010 wrote:
jatillisawesome wrote:
then if you could make it a little wider, that'd be great.

Weird name, rather too stalker-ish for me.
Well, to be honest, I just wanted to post this along with a couple bugs and wasn't planning on really frequenting the forum, so why not make an account to thank the game creator? I suppose you employ a wider definition of the word 'stalker' than I do, and I'm sorry that you took a lighthearted thing so seriously.
Boom2010 wrote:
jatillisawesome wrote:
Anyway I can't remember what space there is to play with in the drop down boxes, but if you want to use the game set names why not abbreviate the set name to something shorter (e.g B = Base, I=Intrigue etc). This might free some space and give you at least some of the information you need.

Alternatively why not just number them in the order that they were published. If you are working through them in order then this would seem to work.

Personally I've just updated the text file in the past to give the name of the preset only, but then I've "grown" up playing the real game and this since day one and know the presets by name.

I know Jatill is aware that Dark Ages is out there, but as above he is v. busy with other projects/life. Hopefully one day he will have more time and inclination to continue developing this. Of course there is only one expansion to come and that will be it (supposedly) and perhaps it is more sensible to now wait for that and finalise the whole thing once.
I took your advice and changed the set names to abbreviations; good suggestion! I've re-uploaded the text file with the abbreviations.

As for numbering them, I didn't want to do that because I wanted to pass the file on and for those unfamiliar with the sets, the numbering wouldn't be too informative to them. It's a good way to keep track of it for your personal progress, though. Thanks.
jatillisawesome
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 05:53
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: All 'Recommend Sets of 10' up to Hinterlands sets.txt fi

Postby jatill » 02 Nov 2012, 20:00

Thanks for the update!
jatill
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 16:35
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 17 times


Return to Dominion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login Form